As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Optical Interconnect Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024”, the market size reached US$ 5.5 Billion in 2018. Optical interconnects are short optical links utilized for interconnecting different computer systems. They transmit signals from one part of an integrated circuit to another through light. Optical interconnects assist in receiving digital signals from network equipment and converting them into optical signals, which are transmitted over the fiber network. They range from short connections on motherboards to kilometer-long links employed in a vast network area. As they have a low frequency-dependent loss, negligible crosstalk and high bandwidth, they are considered a potential solution for sufficing the performance requirements of the present generation of data processors.
Get a PDF Sample for more detailed market insights: https://www.imarcgroup.com/optical-interconnect-market/requestsample
Global Optical Interconnect Market Trends:
Rapid development in the information technology (IT) sector, in confluence with the introduction of big data analytics and Internet of Things (IoT), is impelling the demand for high data transmission and bandwidth communication. This, in turn, is strengthening the growth of the optical interconnect market. The rising demand for increased bandwidth capacity and reducing power consumption in data center networks is also catalyzing the market growth. Apart from this, the increasing network traffic, from both private and government sectors, has led to a rise in the demand for optical interconnect devices to utilize resources and handle cloud computing systems efficiently. Presently, there is an increase in the adoption of optical interconnect devices, which favor the growth of several information-centric industries, on account of the rising trend of digitalization and cloud applications facilitating rapid communication. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 14.7 Billion by 2024, expanding at a CAGR of 17.7% during 2019-2024.
Browse full report with detailed TOC and list of figures and tables: https://www.imarcgroup.com/optical-interconnect-market
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into cable assemblies (indoor cable assemblies, outdoor cable assemblies, active optical cables and multi-source agreement); connectors (LC, SC, ST and MPO/MTP); optical transceivers; free-space optics, fiber and waveguides; silicon photonics; PIC-base interconnects; and optical engines.
- On the basis of the interconnect level, the market has been segregated into chip- and board-level; board-to-board and rack-level optical; and metro and long-haul optical interconnect.
- The market has been bifurcated on the basis of the fiber mode into multi- and single-mode fiber.
- Based on the application, the market has been divided into data communication (data center and high-performance computing) and telecommunication.
- On the basis of the end use, the market has been segregated into military and aerospace, consumer electronics, automotive, chemicals, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined with some of the key players being Finisar Corporation, Mellanox Technologies, Molex, LLC, Oclaro Inc., Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd., Broadcom Inc., TE Connectivity, Amphenol Corporation, Juniper Networks, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Infinera Corporation, Lumentum Holdings Inc. OFS Fitel, LLC (FURUKAWA ELECTRIC CO., LTD), 3M Company, Acacia Communications, Inc., Dow Corning Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Intel Corporation and Infineon Technologies AG.
Browse related reports
Global Intelligent Transport Systems Market Report and Forecast 2019-2024: https://www.imarcgroup.com/intelligent-transport-systems-market
Global Maritime Information Market Report and Forecast 2019-2024: https://www.imarcgroup.com/maritime-information-market
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.