The global super-resolution microscopes market size is estimated to reach USD 5.6 billion by 2026 and is expected to register a CAGR of 11.7%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing application in cell biology and biomedical imaging and technological advancements are factors expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
The limitation of confocal as well as fluorescence microscopy is overcome by super-resolution microscopes as they provide increased X-Y resolution beyond the limit of 200 – 250 nm. With STED technology, intracellular structures can be observed in ten times greater detail compared to conventional fluorescence microscopy. In nanotechnology, the visualization of the interaction of nanomaterials with biological entities at high resolution in 3D is a powerful tool, which benefits the market expansion.
North America holds the largest share in the market owing to technological advancements and surging R&D expenditure. Additionally, rising incidence of cancer and neurological disorders on account of growing elderly population is driving demand for super-resolution microscopy. Europe is anticipated to hold a significant share in the coming years due to presence of a large number of high-end systems.
Browse Details of Report, Please Visit @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/super-resolution-microscopes-industry
Key Takeaways from the report:
- Super-resolution microscopes are used in place of electron microscopes as they allow researchers to image biological specimens more precisely. Rise in research activities in neurology and cell biology are expected to further fuel the growth of the life science application segment
- In the nanotechnology application segment, techniques such as Stochastic Super-resolution Microscopy (SSRM) have proved to give better results for various catalysis processes, such as metal nanoparticle catalysis, and they promise to accelerate the development and discovery of new and better catalysts
- STED technology held the largest market share in 2018 attributed to its ability to deliver diffraction-unlimited images with no need for further computational processing
- The PALM and STORM technology segments accounted for a significant share in 2018. Live three-dimensional imaging with three to six color imaging patterns is expected to increase their usage rate in the coming years
- North America held the largest market share in 2018. Increasing research activities in different segments of life science and nanotechnology, and initiatives taken by the government in past years, where research funding agencies encouraged researchers to adopt super-resolution microscopes, are expected to drive the market in the region
- Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high CAGR in the coming years. High product sales in countries like China and growing interest of photonics companies and venture capitalists in the field of electronics and life sciences are the factors driving the regional market
- Major players include Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Leica Microsystems (Danaher Corporation), Nikon Corporation, and Olympus Corporation.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/90/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the global super-resolution microscopes market on the basis of technology, application, and region:
Super-resolution Microscopes Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- Stimulated Emission Depletion Microscopy (STED)
- Structured-Illumination Microscopy (SIM)
- Stochastic Optical Reconstruction Microscopy (STORM)
- Photoactivated Localization Microscopy (PALM)
- Fluorescence Photoactivation Localization Microscopy (FPALM)
Super-resolution Microscopes Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- Life Science
- Material Science
Super-resolution Microscopes Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
Browse Related Reports :
Electron Microscope Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Scanning, Transmission), By Application (Material Sciences, Nanotechnology, Lifesciences, Semiconductors), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025
Endodontic Devices Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Instruments, Consumables), By End Use (Hospitals, Clinics, Dental Academic & Research Institutes), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 – 2026
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States