Why would accountants need digital marketing? What even is digital marketing? Why can’t accountants use traditional marketing to grow their firms like everyone else? With the growth of society continually being online, marketing for new clients is also moving online. Diversity in marketing strategies and campaigns will significantly improve an accounting firm’s reach and growth in a community and state. Digital marketing for accountants delivers to firms’ clients that rely less on traditional marketing and more on digital expertise. So, choosing a marketing agency must include expertise in online marketing campaigns.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing includes any type of advertising or sales campaign that occurs over the Internet through websites, social media, and email.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): How do people find things? Google it! Improving a website’s SEO means improving its ranking on a Google search so possible clients become paying clients.
- Email Marketing: Collecting leads, individuals interested in accounting services, and directly emailing them your services. The emails can be personally created or more generalized.
- Blogs: Developing short articles on specific topics that inform your audience rather than advertise a product. Educating your audience on their accounting needs can increase their trust in your services.
- Content Marketing: Creating articles with more than just words, content marketing is focused on videos, images, infographics, and other engaging content.
- Social Media: Connecting to your target audience via platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. No avenue should be overlooked as new clients can be found everywhere.
- Pay Per Click (PPC): Advertising with text, videos, or images on search engines, websites, and other online platforms. These are the ads that you see on the sides, top, or bottom of sites.
- Location-based Marketing: Establishing a local presence online through Google services and other local review sites like Yelp are critical for digital exposure and audience trust. These listing give business information such as contact information, website, and a description of your services.
Sounds easy? It can be complicated. Choosing the correct marketing agency is critical in a successful online campaign. Digital marketing for accountants can increase exposure and grow client trust.
Digital Marketing Agency Points
Accountants need a digital marketing agency that performs local and organic search engine optimization (SEO), social media management and marketing, content marketing, and web design and development. The agency needs to focus on delivering the results you want for each service and help you attain the best Return on Investment (ROI) for your business. On top of that, all the work the agency does must be white-hat (above board) work that will help you realize long-term success. It means that they don’t utilize unethical, black-hat SEO practices that promise fast but unsustainable results.
What is the Process?
The digital marketing agency will collect information about your business, the history of your website, competitors, clients, brand, services, and current traffic and conversion rates.
Then it will perform a site audit, competitor analysis, and other assessment activities to gauge where you stand and figure out the online marketing services that will help you achieve your business goals. Next, an SEO specialist will develop a plan to create a strategy exclusively for your accounting firm. Here, they take the time to answer any inquiries you may have about the marketing plan.
Once the agency has received your approval, they will get to work on your SEO, social media channels, website, or content, depending on the recommendations. While improving your online business presence, they will send you regular reports about the status of your campaigns. This will allow you to see the results in real-time.
Need more information on digital marketing for accountants? ScalingYou is dedicated and determined to demystify digital marketing for accounting firms.