• New smart battery module technology improves availability and flexibility
• Up to 99% efficiency reducing total cost of ownership
• Green Premium™ Solution for sustainable business performance
• Schneider Electric EcoStruxure™ Ready simplifies monitoring and management
Schneider Electric, the leader in digital transformation of energy management and automation, today introduced the first version of Galaxy VS 3-phase Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) with internal smart battery modules. Galaxy VS is a highly efficient, modular, easy-to-deploy three-phase UPS designed to meet the critical power requirements of IT, commercial, and industrial facilities.
The new Schneider Electric Galaxy VS 10-50 kW with internal smart battery modules improves availability with added battery flexibility and monitoring, redundant battery strings, and self-configuration. It also reduces risks by ensuring that critical loads are always protected with highly predictable runtimes and battery redundancy. It has a compact footprint optimized by integrating batteries in the UPS cabinet, making it ideal for the unique requirements of edge computing and critical infrastructures.
The Galaxy VS with internal smart battery modules is available globally except for Greater China and Japan. Depending on power and run time requirements, two cabinet options are available offering 10-50 kW (400V), 10-25 kW (208V), and 20-50 kW (480V). Start-up service is included to guaranteed optimize system performance, quality, and safety. Galaxy VS was first introduced in April 2019 for external batteries supporting 20-100 kW (400V/480V) and 10-50 kW (208V).
“With its impressive efficiency and internal smart battery modules along with being EcoStruxure Ready, the latest Galaxy VS is an innovative and flexible choice for end-users, distributors, partners, and integrators in diverse environments, especially edge computing and critical infrastructures,” said Christopher Thompson, vice president, 3 Phase Line of Business, Schneider Electric. “By integrating smart features like self-configuring and temperature monitoring, this new Galaxy VS is the optimal choice to achieve increased availability without sacrificing performance.”
Additional Galaxy VS benefits include:
- Footprint savings: Compact design and full front access for servicing makes it ideal for confined spaces.
- Maximum availability thanks to modular architecture: Critical system components built as modules for faster serviceability and fault tolerance.
- Cost savings: Provides up to 99% efficiency when operated in Schneider Electric’s patented ECOnversion mode, allowing users to recover their initial investment within two to three years through energy savings (model dependent).
- Increased uptime and simplified maintenance: Critical system components are built as modules with a fault-tolerant design. This provides internal redundancy at reduced load levels and a shorter mean time to repair.
- Schneider Electric EcoStruxure Ready: Makes it easy to manage with global visibility of equipment performance and status supported with a 24×7 expert service bureau using the next generation management software, EcoStruxure IT Expert and EcoStruxure Asset Advisor.
- Green Premium certified, offering sustainable business performance by design.
About Schneider Electric EcoStruxure
Schneider Electric EcoStruxure is Schneider Electric’s open, interoperable, IoT-enabled system architecture and platform. It delivers enhanced value around safety, reliability, efficiency, sustainability, and connectivity for customers. EcoStruxure leverages advancements in IoT, mobility, sensing, cloud, analytics, and cybersecurity to deliver innovation at every level. This includes connected products, edge control and apps, analytics, and services. EcoStruxure has been deployed in more than 480,000 sites, with the support of more than 20,000 system integrators and developers, connecting over 1.6 million assets under management through over 40 digital services.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency. We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
#SchneiderElectric #Schneider #SchneiderElectricnews #SchneiderElectricIndia