Market Size – USD 1717.0 Million in 2018, Market Growth – CAGR of 7.6%, Market Trends – Product launches and research for medical oxygen concentrates
According to the current analysis of Reports and Data, the global Medical Oxygen Concentrators market was valued at USD 1717.0 Million in 2018 and is expected to reach USD 3078.3 Million by the year 2026, at a CAGR of 7.6%. The key factors driving the growth of medical oxygen concentrators market are the increasing prevalence of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and technological advancements. According to the WHO, there were about 251 million cases of COPD in 2016, globally, and 3.17 million deaths due to the same in 2015. The main cause of this is the high level of air pollution and the growing number of smokers. The growing awareness regarding the use of these products in order to significantly enhance the quality of life provides favorable growth opportunities for the market. In addition to this, the growing geriatric population, which is highly susceptible to chronic diseases, will also augment the demand of the product, thereby accelerating the global market.
Request a sample copy of this premium report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2170
The Medical oxygen concentrators industry is much fragmented and includes a large number of manufacturing giants and emerging players. The emerging players have a good opportunity to enter the Medical Oxygen Concentrates industry, owing to developments in the industry and high demand from end-use industries. Industry leaders are adopting strategies such as a merger, acquisitions, expansion, and partnership to maintain their position in the industry. For instance, in April 2019, Inogen, Inc. launched One G5 portable product in the US. The Inogen One G5 is superior to other portable products presently available in the US homecare market, which is designed for use within the homecare setting.
The products in this industry provide a sustainable and cost-effective source of medical O2 to health facilities with reliable power. They are devices that draw in air from the environment and pass it through molecular sieve beds to concentrate room O2 to therapeutic levels for delivery to the patient. The therapy for treatment of hypoxemia involves the delivery of concentrated O2 to the patient to improve and stabilize blood O2 saturation levels. It is critical to understand its indications and clinical use. Guidelines for the safe administration of O2 differ across broad applications; the required flow rate and concentration of O2 delivered may vary depending on the patient’s age and condition. Pulse oximetry should be used in conjunction with these products to identify hypoxemic patients and monitor the therapy procedures to promote its efficient and safe use.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Continuous flow technology segment led the global industry in 2018 with 80% of the share; owing to rapid technological and product advancements
- As of 2018, Portable product segment dominates the industry with a revenue of USD 1201.9 million and is also expected to register the highest CAGR over the forecasted years. The growing demand for lightweight and portable concentrators, growing geriatric population, and increasing incidences of COPD in the young population are the key factors driving the demand for portable medical oxygen concentrators.
- Homecare was the dominant application segment in 2018 owing to the increased geriatric population, the prevalence of COPD, and the need for homecare O2 therapies
- O2 concentrators provide a sustainable and cost-effective source of medical oxygen to health facilities with reliable power. An O2 concentrator is a medical device that draws in air from the environment and passes it through molecular sieve beds to concentrate room O2 to therapeutic levels for delivery to the patient. The therapy for the treatment of hypoxaemia involves the delivery of concentrated O2 to the patient to improve and stabilize blood saturation levels. It is critical to understand its indications and clinical use.
- O2 is critical to the treatment of hypoxaemia associated with serious conditions contributing to the global burden of maternal, newborn and child mortality. Hypoxaemia is the major fatal complication of pneumonia; the leading infectious cause of death in children under 5 years of age worldwide.
- North America dominates the global market with a revenue of USD 687.9 million in 2018 and is anticipated to maintain its dominance over the forecast period. This is growth is attributed to the developed home care and healthcare services and favorable reimbursement policies in the region
- Key participants include Chart Industries, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Invacare Corporation, Devilbiss Healthcare LLC, Nidek Medic, among others.
For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data have segmented the Medical Oxygen Concentrators market on the basis of product, application, technology, and region:
Product (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
- Portable oxygen concentrators
- Stationary oxygen concentrators
Application (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
Technology (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
- Continuous Flow
- Pulse Dose
Get Full Report Description, TOC, Figure, Chart, etc. @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/medical-oxygen-concentrators-market
Regional Outlook (Revenue in USD Million; 2016–2026)
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States