The India malaria diagnostics market size is expected to reach USD 27.5 million by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 5.4%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Key drivers of the market include rising demand for malaria diagnostics, introduction of novel diagnostic techniques, and increasing prevalence of the disease in the nation.
Increasing initiatives undertaken by the government is anticipated to propel market growth during the forecast period. The government of India has been committed to achieving malaria free recognition by 2027. Highest prevalence of the disease is typically seen across states such as Arunachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Tripura, Madhya Pradesh, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Meghalaya, Mizoram, and Odisha.
The Micro Strategic Plan for Malaria Elimination in the State of Punjab, India (2018-2020) was developed by the National Vector Borne Disease Control Program and the State Government of Punjab in collaboration with WHO Country Office of India and National Vector Borne Disease Control Program, Delhi. In alignment with the National Strategic Plan for Malaria Elimination (2017-2022), the Government of Punjab launched a state-specific Strategic Action Plan (SAP) to eliminate the disease. The goal of this SAP is to achieve zero malaria transmission by 2020 and ensure prevention of reintroduction of the disease after 2020. Some of the objectives of SAP in Punjab are, reduction of disease incidence to zero indigenous cases to achieve malaria free status in the state, reduction in the number of active disease foci to zero level, and maintaining zero deaths caused by malaria. Thus, rise in such initiatives by the government to curb the disease is anticipated to fuel market growth.
Rising demand for diagnostic tools in malaria-endemic countries such as India, is one of the major factors accelerating market growth. According to the World Malaria Report published by WHO, India contributed to around 4% of the total cases and 48% of Plasmodium vivax infections globally. According to a research study published by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), almost 70% of malaria cases were reported by five states, namely, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Jharkhand, and Maharashtra. Hilly and tribal areas of the country such as Meghalaya, Nagaland, and Mizoram also exhibit high prevalence of the disease. These facts are indicative of the chronic burden of the disease in endemic countries, making it an urgent health priority in these regions.
Increasing initiatives undertaken by market players to reduce disease prevalence is also one of the major factors driving the market. For instance, Abbott Laboratories and a non-profit group called “Malaria No More” are providing the Odisha government with one million RDTs. In addition, Abbott Laboratories is contributing USD 750,000 to the non-profit group, facilitating the government of Odisha’s Vector Borne Disease Control Program. Such initiatives are expected to facilitate the development of new and advanced diagnostic technologies and product launches.
Browse Details of Report, Please Visit @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/india-malaria-diagnostics-market
Key Takeaways from the report:
- The microscopy technology segment is expected to be the largest in 2018 owing to its high adoption rate and factors such as accurate diagnosis and cost effectiveness
- Molecular diagnostic tests are anticipated to be the fastest during the forecast period as they are highly sensitive, accurate, and capable of detecting low parasite count
- The hospitals & clinics segment held the largest market share in 2018 as such healthcare facilities act as primary service providers for diagnosis and treatment. Majority of the population relies on these long-term facilities for diagnosis, treatment, and management of diseases
- Blood banks are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period as donated blood is screened for a wide range of diseases such as hepatitis, HIV, and STDs as well as other infectious diseases. Moreover, a rise in the number of surgical procedures has been reported in India, which can be attributed to the increase in incidence of severe chronic diseases and accidents, which has created a rise in demand for blood donations.
- Key players include in the India malaria diagnostics market are Abbott Laboratories; Siemens Healthineers; Bio-Rad Laboratories; Beckman Coulter, Inc.; Access Bio, Inc.; Premier Medical Corporation Pvt. Ltd.; Olympus Corporation; Nikon Corporation; J. Mitra & Co. Pvt. Ltd.; Tulip Diagnostics Ltd.; and Microgene Diagnostic Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/6767/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the India malaria diagnostics market on the basis of technology and end use:
India Malaria Diagnostics Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- Rapid Diagnostic Tests (RDT)
- Molecular Diagnostic Tests
- Conventional PCR
- Real-Time PCR (qPCR or quantitative PCR)
India Malaria Diagnostics End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Blood Banks
- Academic and Research Institutes
Required any Section, Chapter or Segment place Customization Request at :
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States