The global drug delivery across blood brain barrier market size is expected to reach USD 4.6 billion by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. registering a CAGR of 30.2% over the forecast period. Growing research, innovation, and treatment development activities to overcome the challenges faced due to the natural blood brain barrier is majorly driving the market growth.
Growing prevalence of neurological diseases, such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease is fueling the demand for novel drug delivery technology that allows medication to cross the blood brain barrier. Limited treatment options regarding blood-brain barrier has been a big hurdle till recently. However, the growing demand for treatment and the rise in innovations that allow for safe and reliable transmission of medication across the BBB is predicted to drive the market’s growth over the forecast period.
Among the recently developed technologies, increasing permeability of the BBB via ultrasound is the most promising one that has shown safe and effective application in treating various patients with brain cancer and other neurogenetical disorders. Other novel technologies such as in-vitro BBB modeling/engineering is being used for producing a faster, reliable, and cost-effective drug delivery mechanism for overcoming the complexities of BBB.
Increasing use of engineered antibiotics are being tested as a technique for delivering cures for severe brain disorders, such as Alzheimer’s and Hunter’s disease. Such antibiotics are expected to greatly increase the convenience of treatment, in addition to the increased effectivity.
Browse Details of Report, Please Visit @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/drug-delivery-across-blood-brain-barrier-market
Key Takeaways from the report:
- Based on the drug delivery technology, increasing permeability of BBB segment registered significant share of the drug delivery across blood brain barrier market owing to successful ultrasound device technology that have been deemed effective in providing therapies for treating brain disorders
- Trojan horse approach segment is expected to lead the market soon, since engineered antibodies have been observed to provide reliable and safe medical treatment for various cancer, immunity, and genetic disorder’s treatment
- Based on application, Parkinson’s disorder segment held maximum share in the market in 2018 owing to increased incidences of the targeted disorder among the growing geriatric population worldwide. Many major economies in EU and Asia are expected to significantly observe a growth in geriatric population by 2050.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to lead this market over the forecast period owing to rising geriatric population that may be prone to brain disorders and opportunity for the industry players due to medical tourism in the region. However, by revenue, North America shall continue to be the largest market due to the high cost of healthcare treatment.
- Some of the players profiled in drug delivery across blood brain barrier market include Ossianix, Inc., Insightec, Angiochem Inc., Armagen Technologies, Inc., BrainsGate, BiOasis Technologies, Inc., CarThera, F. Hoffman La-Roche, and Iproteos S.L.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/6732/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the global drug delivery across blood brain barrier market based on drug delivery technology, application, and region:
Drug Delivery Across Blood Brain Barrier Drug Delivery Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2026)
- Trojan Horse Approach
- Bispecific Antibody RMT Approach
- Increasing the Permeability of BBB
- Passive Diffusion
- Other Non-Invasive BBB Technologies
Drug Delivery Across Blood Brain Barrier Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2026)
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Hunter’s Syndrome
- Brain Cancer
Drug Delivery Across Blood Brain Barrier Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Browse Related Reports :
U.S. Transdermal Drug Delivery System Market Analysis Report By Technology (Active, Passive), By Application (Hormone, Cardiovascular, Neurodegenerative, CNS, Pain Management), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 – 2026
Deep Brain Stimulation Devices Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (Pain Management, Epilepsy, Essential Tremor, OCD, Depression, Dystonia, Parkinson’s), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States