Shenzhen Finance Institute (SFI) at The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen (CUHK-Shenzhen) is funded by the Shenzhen government, to respond to the “Belt and Road” Initiative, Guangdong-Hong Kong and Shenzhen-Hong Kong cooperation, and the demand for high-level education and research institutions with Shenzhen’s rapid socioeconomic development; to satisfy the expectations from mainstream academia and industries from all over the world to build a platform with “global vision and Chinese focus” for research and communication; and to tackle the opportunities and challenges brought by the upcoming changes in the world’s financial and economic structures. SFI is committed to nurturing high-end talents in the field of finance and economics, conducting high-level research, establishing a global exchange platform, and functioning as a state-of-the-art think-tank.
SFI holds Summer Camp each year. The Summer Camp aims to select excellent undergraduates over the world for advanced studies programs for full-time masters. It can promote communications among undergraduates majoring in finance, economics, accounting, data science and marketing (or undergraduates majoring in other fields, who are interested in finance, economics, accounting, data science and marketing) from various universities around the world.
SFI 2020 Summer Camp includes Mini Camp and Regular Camp. Only Junior Students are eligible for applying for the summer camp. Students with excellent performance will have the chance to get the conditional offer and entrance scholarship, and the highest entrance scholarship is RMB 258,000.
- SFI has been recruiting faculty members nationally and internationally. Highly experienced in their respective fields of expertise with years of teaching excellence. All programmes are conducted in English. (Few courses are conducted in Chineses by practitioners)
- An international educational environment. Programmes are designed to align with international standards. Course contents are related to CFA, ACCA, CPA and other international qualified certifications.
- The admission to full-time master programmes is by application only. Applicants do not need to take the Unified National Graduate Entrance Examination.
- Numerous exchange programmes for students.
- High-quality career perspective as the employment rate for 2018 graduates is 98.7% with average RMB204,622 per year. The employers include reputable Financial Institutions, Public Institution and Enterprises.
- All programmes provide an abundance of entrance scholarships, and the highest entrance scholarship covers 100% tuition fees.
- Located in Shenzhen, the university has advantageous geographical location, which offers students good opportunities and development superiority.
The advantages of Summer Camp-Mini Camp
- Compare to the regular application round, summer camp members have higher admission rate with entrance scholarship.
- Summer Camp holds in advance of regular application round. Students have the opportunity to get the conditional offer earlier instead of competing with the large volume of regular applicants.
- The assessment method for Mini Camp is based online, which is much more efficient and convenient than that of paper test and face-to-face interview.
Application Requirements of Mini Camp
1. Junior Student (Graduating in 2021), any majors;
2. For “985” or “211” University Students, their academic results (four semesters) must rank TOP 30%; For non-“985” or “211” University Students, their academic (four semesters) results must rank TOP 10%; Several internationally known universities are exceptional.
3. English Language Proficiency Requirement:
• CET-4 (not lower than 550); OR
• CET-6 (not lower than 520); OR
• IELTS (Academic) (not lower than Band 6.5); OR
• TOEFL (not lower than 79 internet-based); OR
• GMAT (Verbal) (not lower than 21); OR
• Other equivalent.
1. A copy of official transcripts (four semesters);
2. A copy of academic results ranking (four semesters); Template: see SFI official website “Admission” (Resource Download);
3. A copy of CET-4/CET-6/TOEFL/IELTS/GMAT score sheet etc;
4. Personal Statement (English Version): 600 words;
5. Curriculum Vitae (Chinese & English Version);
6. At least two Reference Letters;
7. Other supporting documents (Honor certificates etc.);
8. Upload one-minute self-introduction video (in English).
Mini Camp Schedule
Assessment Type: Problem Exams/Interview
Assessment Method: Online Assessment
Assessment Date: In April (TBD)
- Mini Camp Applicants are allowed to submit the application without specified application documents (such as the copy of stamped academic results ranking) because of the coronavirus in China. Applicants must submit all of the authentic documents before getting the conditional offer. Otherwise, they are deemed to be not eligible.
- The date and method for the online assessment will be published on Official WeChat Account and emailed to those shortlisted applicants.
Applicants are required to submit supporting documents through application system.
Application system address: http://admissionsfi.cuhk.edu.cn
Note: applicants are required to pay a nonrefundable application fee of RMB100; exam-exempted postgraduate qualifications are not required.
Mini Camp Application Deadline
31st JAN 2020
31st MAR 2020
SFI at The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen (CUHK-Shenzhen) is funded by the Shenzhen government. Currently, we have MSc Programme in Finance (ART included), MSc Programme in Economics, Partnership Masters Programme in Economics, MSc Programme in Accounting, MSc Programme in Data Science and MSc Programme in Marketing.
The admission to full-time master programmes is by application only. Applicants do not need to take the Unified National Graduate Entrance Examination. No qualifications of exam-exempted postgraduate are required. Graduate with a CUHK Master’s degree.
MSc in Finance
This program engages students in a comprehensive training regimen that combines financial theories, quantitative skills and challenging real-world applications, all taught by a premier group of international faculty and senior industry practitioners. Graduates of this programme gain a comprehensive understanding of the tools and methods used across the broad finance industry, setting the stage for rewarding careers in fields such as securities, banking, financial management, and consulting industries. All classes are conducted in English, and the 18-month normative study period provides ample time for internships in the dynamic Shenzhen Bay Area.
MSc in Finance continues to evolve, and the newest development is our Advanced Research Track (ART) programme, designed to prepare students for top school PhD programmes and other research-intensive industry positions. ART research topics focus on important current issues in the finance and economic sectors and instructed by the prestigious experts that lead SFI’s highly regarded Research Centers.
MSc in Economics
This program is designed to provide students with comprehensive training that combines economic theories, quantitative skills and real-world applications to launch them into a career in economic service sectors, including private financial institutions, government agencies such as central banks, international trade companies, security exchanges and consulting industries.18-month study period to graduate.
In addition, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen, and the University of Wisconsin-Madison have established a partnership between master’s degree programs in economics, which started in the fall of 2018. This joint program offers a unique opportunity for students to receive world-class education from a prestigious US program and obtain knowledge about the Chinese economy and practical trainings/internships/job opportunities in China.
MSc in Accounting
Our focus is not only to provide students with comprehensive training that combines professional accounting knowledge and skills for technical problem-solving, but also on problem-framing, so students can learn to ask the right questions and think strategically.
This program extends the invitation to both accounting and non-accounting majored students to apply, with tailor-made curriculum in a way to combine academic rigour with practical learning. It is ideal for applicants who wish to pursue a career in accounting, finance, banking, consultancy and management. All classes are conducted in English with a 24-month study period to graduate.
MSc in Data Science
MSc in Data Science is a joint program launched by School of Science and Engineering and School of Management and Economics, in collaboration with Shenzhen Research Institute of Big Data and Shenzhen Finance Institute.
The program aims to equip students with fundamental knowledge as well as skills in big data and business analytics, and provides students with the cutting-edge theories and methods of big data technology, so that our graduates will be able to tackle issues of data capture, storage and analysis in various sectors, including business, government, security, healthcare, biology, science and environment. All courses are taught in English. Program duration: 18 months.
MSc in Marketing
This program provides students with comprehensive training that combines marketing theories, quantitative skills, artificial intelligence technologies and real-world applications for marketing careers.
This program is designed on the standard of international business school with characteristics of AI Marketing. Recruiting international faculty members and high-level practitioners help students be of solid theoretical basis and strong practical ability. All classes are conducted in English with an 18-month study period to graduate.
The Career Development Center of SFI provides students with all-round, systematic and personalized employment related services, covering all aspects including career positioning, career planning, internship recommendation, job application and interview support. The Center is committed to improving students’ comprehensive qualities and employ abilities, assisting students in career decisions, organizing job-oriented courses, and building internship and employment platforms to facilitate students enter the society and realize their career dreams.
2018 Graduates Employment Rate
2018 graduates employment rate reached 98.7% with ￥204,622 average salary. Students have two great internship experiences on average during study period. Graduates are hired by Bank of China, Shenzhen Stock Exchange, China Merchants Bank, China Merchants Securities, Ping An Bank, China Merchants Fund Management, Hang Seng Bank, Huawei, PWC, Ping An Securities, Ping An Fund Management, China Asset Management and other financial institutions and public institutions.