Features a wide input voltage range to protect against high fluctuations
• Flexible form factor options allow for a variety of installations
• Expands APC by Schneider Electric’s best in class UPS offering to serve customers’ diverse needs
• Single-phase UPS with Li-Ion battery addresses customer demand for greater resiliency, simplified maintenance and lower cost of ownership
Schneider Electric, the leader in digital transformation of energy management and automation, has announced the availability of two new categories of UPSs from APC by Schneider Electric. The first is Smart-UPS Lithium-ion, which offers trusted, premium power protection to ensure network and data availability. Designed for local edge environments and micro data centers, the Smart-UPS with Lithium-ion ensures consistent and reliable connectivity at the most critical moments. Increased UPS battery life, lower maintenance service costs, and fewer onsite visits provide up to a 50% lower total cost of ownership over 10 years.
Key benefits and features of Smart-UPS Lithium-ion include:
• Longer life span: Li-Ion batteries can have a service life upwards of 10 years
• Smaller size and weight: Due to higher energy densities, Li-Ion batteries have a much smaller footprint and weigh about 30 percent less than sealed lead acid batteries.
• Lower maintenance and total cost of ownership: With double the battery life, the amount of maintenance and associated costs required over the life of the UPS is reduced by up to 53 percent.
• Safety: APC’s proven record of safety and best-in-class design and adherence to safety regulations (UL 1973, UL1642/IEC62133) provides added peace of mind.
• Better performance at higher temperatures: Li-Ion batteries can operate at higher average temperatures (e.g., 40°C/104°F) without degradation to UPS performance of runtime.
• Extended runtime: Smart UPS On Line can be configured with multiple Li-Ion battery packs to meet aggressive runtime demands based on IT and business needs.
• Remote management capabilities: Available with a preinstalled Network Management Card (NMC) option, this solution can enhance visibility of edge environments with monitoring and control capabilities.
The second UPS launch is for the APC Easy UPS 1 Ph Online, which is a versatile, high quality, cost competitive UPS developed to handle a wide voltage range and inconsistent power conditions; delivering the quality millions of IT professionals trust around the world. The APC Easy UPS 1 Ph Online protects critical equipment and connected loads from unpredictable power disturbances such as spikes, surges, blackouts, and brownouts, providing assurance, reliability and certainty.
Key benefits and features of the Easy UPS 1 Ph Online include:
• Wide input voltage range protects against high fluctuations in power
• Generates clean power via double conversion online technology
• Recharges quickly (90 percent capacity in four hours) to protect against frequent outages
• Intuitive LCD/LED interface provides UPS status for fast diagnostics • EcoMode provides increased unit efficiency
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency. We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
#Schneider #SchneiderElectric #SchneiderNews