The outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19) has shocked and touched the hearts of millions of people, not only in China but also around the world. Messages of support have been flowing in from around the globe, demonstrating that sometimes a crisis like this can bring the world together. It is of critical importance that all community members take their health and safety seriously at this time. To prevent pupils from catching coronavirus, all schools in China comply with guidance from local authorities and close schools temporarily. To protect children from infecting coronavirus is far beyond closing school. Wellington College International School, one of best international school in Hangzhou takes active actions to echo the regulations from local authorities.
To ensure that the school campus is safe and ready for pupils’ return to school when allowed, this Hangzhou school acted decisively to undertake key measures to protect community members. Among other things, with the ongoing spread of the epidemic, this Hangzhou international school has set up an emergency team for coordinating epidemic prevention, paying close attention to the development of the epidemic and strictly complying with the requirements of relevant state health departments. Taking all advice on board, the school team has put plans in place to ensure the safety of the school community and to protect the health of all pupils and staff.
1. This Hangzhou school provides timely statistics on the health status and travel status of all pupils, faculty, staff and on-site vendor employees, to check and distinguish similar symptoms and follow up on the address and returning date of those pupils and staff who are not in Hangzhou. This Hangzhou school also checks on the status of the Hangzhou Health Code of the people mentioned above.
2. Clear and transparent communication is particularly essential at this trying time. This Hangzhou school takes serious measures to ensure smooth communication from the school, and sends timely updates and information to staff and parents in the community.
3. Furthermore, the management team of this Hangzhou school implements a campus emergency plan immediately after the provisional administration issued Level 1 emergency status. This Hangzhou school closes the campus andfollows campus closure regulations and prohibits all individuals to enter the campus except authorised and screened campus staff.
4. The management team of this Hangzhou school purchases required medical supplies for virus prevention and installed an infrared thermometer system at each security hut for temperature screening.
5. This Hangzhou school also follows CDC’s recommendation for the AC use in public spaces and draft a campus-wide AC operation plan, including the overall disinfection for the AC and Fresh Air system, and a weekly vent disinfection plan.
6. The cleaning staff in this Hangzhou school also clean and disinfectthe campus completely, and draft plans for the daily campus cleaning and disinfection based on the recommendation from the Zhejiang Education Bureau.
7. Besides, the school team discusses internally the information collected and researched and makes thorough preparation for the school re-opening and virus prevention plan once pupils are back at school, including preparing logistically and mentally for pupils and staff to be back at campus.
As before, the best advice is to protect oneself from the virus by adopting these straightforward means:
- Wear a mask that protects you from germs
- Wash hands regularly
- Avoid anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- Cover the nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing
- Thoroughly cook meat and eggs
- Avoid unprotected contact with live wild or farm animals
- Avoid unnecessary travel to Wuhan or Hubei province
In the meantime, the school team of this Hangzhou school wishes all of the community members the best during this trying time and looks forward to seeing all pupils and staff back as soon as possible.
Company Name: Wellington College International Hangzhou
Contact Person: Admission Department
Email: Send Email
Phone: +86 571 8239 6366