Cardiac assist devices market sizeis expected to grow at a CAGR of around 9% during the period 2019−2025.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- The US is the major revenue contributor in the global cardiac assist devices market and is likely to witness the highest incremental growth rate of around $875 million during the forecast period.
- Bridge to destination application segment is expected to grow with the highest growth rate and will witness an incremental growth of around $500 million during the forecast period. This is attributable to the recent line extension approval of HeartMate 3 and HeartWare for bridge to destination therapy.
- Total artificial heart has gained significant traction in recent years and has the capability to become the golden standard for the heart failure treatments and is expected to post an absolute growth of around 150% during the forecast period.
- As the number of advanced heart failure patients seeking LVAD is increasing, the concept of shared care model has emerged, wherein care for LVAD patients is shared between the implanting center and a community-based or a local healthcare facility. This model has become increasingly popular in developed countries like the US, the UK, and Germany.
- Both leading and emerging companies like Abbot, Abiomed, Medtronic, SynCardia, BivACOR, and Oregon heart have promising investigational cardiac assist devices under development as the market offers significant growth opportunities.
- Vendors are actively engaged in the continuous development of new products and commercially launched many innovative and breakthrough cardiac assist devices in recent years. Globally, vendors received around 15 new product approvals and line extension approvals for many innovative cardiac assist devices in recent years.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2019−2025
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by application, products, end-users, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – Profile of 2 key vendors and 12 other vendors
Cardiac Assist Devices Market – Segmentation
- The destination therapy (DT) segment is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR on account of the shortage of heart donors, increasing prevalence of end-stage heart failures, and the availability of effective therapies to treat heart failures.
- Intra-aortic balloon pumps (IABP) are considered to be the first line of treatment, especially in low and middle-income countries, and help treat the patient at critical stages. The segment is expected to grow due to several surgeons recommending IABP for treating advanced heart failures.
- Specialty cardiac centers (SSCs) are solely dedicated to treating patients suffering from several CVDs, such as vascular stenosis and heart failure. The segment is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR due to the availability of sophisticated infrastructure related to the diagnosis and high-quality treatment of CVDs in standalone cardiology centers.
Market Segmentation by Application
- Bridge to Transplant
- Destination Therapy
Market Segmentation by Product
- Intra-aortic Balloon Pump (IABP)
- Ventricular Assist Devices (VADs)
- Left Ventricular Assist Devices (LVADs)
- Other VADs
- Total Artificial Heart (TAH)
Market Segmentation by End-user
- Special Cardiac Centers
Cardiac Assist Devices Market – Dynamics
Technological innovations witnessing in ventricular assist devices, artificial heart devices, and IABPs led to the increased usage of such devices over cardiac transplantations in patients with severe heart failure. Hopefully, future studies will address these unmet needs for patients with heart failure. In the current scenario, the cardiac assist devices are considered to offer superior clinical outcomes for treating heart failure. Furthermore, with the increasing shortage of donor hearts and the number of patients waiting for heart transplantation globally, cardiac assist devices have the capability to address these unmet needs and target broader patient population and their requirements, thereby fueling the growth of the market.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Shortage of Donor Hearts & Increasing Patient Waiting List for Heart Transplantation
- Growing Demand for Shared Care Centers & their Importance Post-LVAD Implantation
- Technological Advancements
- Promising Investigational Cardiac Assist Devices
Cardiac Assist Devices Market – Geography
The North American market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR due to favorable patient demographics, availability of skilled surgeons, and favorable reimbursement coverage. The increasing prevalence of obesity and diabetes, coupled with the aging population, has increased heart failures, which are expected to bolster the market. The market for cardiac assist devices is growing especially due to increase in the prevalence of heart failure in both the US and Canada. Both the countries share similar culture, geography, advanced economies, and sophisticated healthcare infrastructure. During the epidemiologic transition from rural to industrial in the US and Canada, nutritional deficiencies and infectious diseases made way for degenerative diseases such as CVDs, cancer, overweight/obesity, and diabetes.
Market Segmentation by Geography
- North America
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Saudi Arabia
Other vendors include – Abiomed, Berlin Heart, Getinge, SynCardia, Teleflex, ZEON MEDICAL, Tokai Medical Products, SENKO MEDICAL INSTRUMENT, Insightra Medical, ReliantHeart, PulseCath, Jarvik Heart.
Looking for more information? Click here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize foolproof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States