The US data center market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 1% during the period 2019−2025.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- The US market witnessed investments in 100+ colocation projects in 2019 and 35+ projects with capacity of over 15 MW.
- COVID-19 impacts construction and supply chain to a considerable extent across multiple states in the US in Q2 2020.
- Southeastern US witnessed around 40% of the data center investments in the US market.
- Over 50% of the data center projects in the US was identified in Virginia, Texas, Illinois, Georgia, and California.
- EdgeCore Internet Real Estate, GIGA Data Centers, PointOne, and Archer Data Center are new entrants targeting hyperscale facility development.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2019−2025
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by IT infrastructure, electrical infrastructure, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, tier standards, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – Profile of 7 IT infrastructure, 12 data center investors, 7 construction contractors, and 7 support infrastructure providers
Data Center Market in US – Segmentation
- The procurement of ODM servers by hyperscale operators, cloud builders, and other enterprises has offered a significant boost to the server market. Server systems based on x86 architecture dominate the US data center market. Most modern operators are adopting servers that suit their workload requirements.
- PDUs supporting up to 20 kW will increase with the use of high-performance computing infrastructure in the US. Diesel generators are more likely to be adopted than any other generators such as biofuel or natural gas. Most facilities are installed with >2 MW capacity per unit. Generators are usually accepted with N+1 redundancy in the region.
- Ashburn has become a major data center development location. DPR Construction and Jacobs Engineering Group contractor are among the major players in providing construction services in the South Eastern region. The facilities are expected to commit the 100% uptime service level agreement on network and power along with Tier III and IV standards.
Market Segmentation by IT Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by Electrical Infrastructure
- UPS Systems
- Transfer Switches and Switchgears
- Rack PDU
- Other Electrical Infrastructures
Market Segmentation by Mechanical Infrastructure
- Cooling Systems
- CRAC & CRAH units
- Chiller Units
- Cooling Towers, Dry Coolers, & Condensers
- Other Cooling Units
- Others Mechanical Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by General Infrastructure
- Building Development
- Installation and Commissioning Services
- Building Designs
- Physical Security
- DCIM & BMS
Market Segmentation by Tier Standards
- Tier I &II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
Data Center Market in US – Dynamics
The adoption of cloud-based services and big data are driving the hyperscale data center investments. There are over 40 hyperscale data center projects that were either opened or under construction in the US in 2019, with significant contributions from Facebook, Google, and Apple. Digital Realty, GIGA Data Center, COPT Data Center Solutions, EdgeCore, Aligned Data Center, CyrusOne, 1547 Realty, and Vantage Data Centers are some of the colocation providers building mega data centers with above 15 MW power capacity across the US. Most of these projects will be equipped with a minimum of N+N power infrastructure systems across all facilities, where UPS and PDU systems will be adopted as 2N redundant systems. For instance, Facebook’s design involves the use of 48V DC UPS rack modular systems that support its infrastructure operating in six adjacent racks and can support over 30 kW of IT load.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Big Data & IoT Drives Data Center Development
- State Incentives for Data Center Development
- 5G Deployment to Increase Edge Data Center Investments
- Emergence of QLC NAND Flash Drives
Data Center Market in US – Geography
Data centers in the South Eastern US are significantly contributing to the market. Overall, the Southeast US data center market witnessed around 50 projects in 2019, which is expected to be operational by June 2020. Several facilities have been developed by colocation service providers with an adaptable power redundancy that can be changed according to the customer’s operational requirements. In 2019, the Virginia market witnessed an investment of over $1 billion with the opening of several projects in the region. Virginia, comprising over 200 MW of wholesale rentals in 2019, is among the biggest and most vibrant data center economies in the US. It is the leading market for data centers across the world. Also, it has strong connectivity through fiber-optic infrastructure that runs across the region by Mid-Atlantic Broadband Communities Corporation’s (MBC) advanced fiber-optic broadband system.
Market Segmentation by Geography
- North Eastern US
- South Eastern US
- Mid-Western US
- South Western US
- Western US
Prominent Data Center Critical (IT) Infrastructure Providers
- Dell Technologies
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
Prominent Data Center Investors
- AWS (Amazon Web Service)
- Compass Data Centers (Root Data Center)
- Digital Realty
- NTT Communications (Ragingwire Data Centers)
- Vantage Data Center
Prominent Construction Contractors
- DPR Construction
- Holder Construction
- Jacobs Engineering
- Syska Hennessy Group
- Turner Construction
Prominent Support Infrastructure Providers
- Schneider Electric
Other Prominent Critical (IT) Infrastructure Providers – AccelStor, Avere Systems (Microsoft), DataDirect Networks (DDN), Fujitsu, Hitachi Vantara, Infortrend Technology, Inspur, Intel, Kaminario, Micron, Mitac Holdings, Nimbus Data, Pivot3, QNAP Systems, Quanta Cloud Technology (Quanta Computer), Samsung, Seagate Technology, SK Hynix (SK Group), Super Micro Computer, Synology, Toshiba, Violin Systems, Western Digital, Wiwynn (Wistron)
Other Prominent Support Infrastructure Providers – Airedale Air Conditioning, Altima Technologies (NetZoom), Asetek, Bloom Energy, Condair Group, Cormant, Cyber Power Systems, Data Aire, Delta Group, Euro-Diesel (KINOLT), FNT, Generac Power Systems, Green Revolution Cooling (GRC), HighPower, Hitec Power Protection, KOHLER (SDMO), Legrand, Mitsubishi, MTU On Site Energy (ROLLS-ROYCE POWER SYSTEMS AG), Nlyte Software, Rittal, Trane (Ingersoll Rand), Tripp Lite, ZincFive
Other Prominent Construction Contractors – Balfour Beatty US, BlueScope Construction, Clune Construction, Fluor Corporation, Fortis Construction, Gensler, Gilbane Building Co., HDR Architecture, HITT Contracting, Hoffman Construction, JE Dunn Construction, Linesight, M+W Group, Morrison Hershfield, Mortenson Construction, Rogers-O’Brien Construction, Structure Tone, Walsh Group, Whiting-Turner Contracting
Other Prominent Data Center Investors – Aligned Energy, COPT Data Center Solutions (COPT DCS), CoreSite Realty, Cyxtera Technologies, DataBank, Data Foundry, DC Blox, EdgeCore Internet Real Estate, EdgeConnex, Flexential, Fifteenfortyseven Critical Systems Realty, GIGA Data Centers, H5 Data Centers, Iron Mountain, Quality Technology Services (QTS Realty Trust), Stream Data Center, Sabey Data Center, Stack Infrastructure, T5 Data Centers
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States