Atherectomy devices market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 8% during the period 2019−2025.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- Globally, atherectomy is gaining traction among end-users and provides better clinical and angiographic outcomes for treating patients with heavily calcified arterial lesions.
- Advancements in atherectomy devices have greatly enhanced the concept of endovascular interventions. Introduction of devices with diamond-coated crowns and ablating heads encouraged many surgeons to treat both coronary and peripheral stenosis with ultra-precision.
- With increasing availability of innovative imaging techniques like IVUS and OCT for identifying heavily calcified lesions, the demand for rotational atherectomy is increasing in the global market.
- North America is growing at a high single digit growth rate and is expected to witness the highest absolute growth of around 60% compared to other regions.
- Arizton predicts orbital atherectomy is likely to witness the highest incremental growth of around $150 million mainly due to its ability to reduce the risk of vascular puncture and other complications in patients with heavily calcified lesions.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2019−2025
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by procedures, end-user, applications, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – Profile of 4 key vendors and 5 other vendors
Atherectomy Devices Market – Segmentation
- Orbital atherectomy is a promising new methodology mainly for treating various arterial diseases, including both CAD and PAD. With the aging population worldwide, and the increasing risk of coronary and peripheral artery calcification, the number of surgical procedures for the treatment of arterial plaque is growing at a steady rate.
- Patients increasingly prefer to treat diagnosed CVDs in specialty cardiac centers over hospitals as these centers provide specialized cardiac healthcare services to patients. The segment is expected to grow at a significant rate due to the availability of sophisticated infrastructure related to the diagnosis and treatment of CVDs in standalone cardiology centers compared to hospitals.
- The CAD segment is expected to bolster the demand for atherectomy devices on account of the increasing prevalence of CVDs such as CAD. Atherectomy is an advanced treatment option that helps to treat heavily calcified lesions and complex vessel diseases.
Market Segmentation by Procedure
- Directional Atherectomy
- Rotational Atherectomy
- Orbital Atherectomy
- Laser Atherectomy
Market Segmentation by End-user
- Specialty Cardiac Centers
- Office-based Cath Labs
Market Segmentation by Application
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
- Coronary Arterial Disease (CAD)
Atherectomy Devices Market – Dynamics
Reimbursement coverage for various atherectomy procedures is a major factor influencing the higher uptake of atherectomy devices worldwide. Many public and private insurers offer significant reimbursement for atherectomy devices. For instance, many third-party payers, including private insurers and government insurance programs, such as Medicare and Medicaid, reimburse for a significant portion of patient care provided in the US. For coronary and peripheral interventions, the adoption of atherectomy is increasing as Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has given atherectomy a separate reimbursement code and stopped bundling with stents after the introduction of Cardiovascular Systems’ Diamondback 360 Coronary Orbital Atherectomy System in the US market in late 2012.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Growing Popularity of Minimally Invasive (MI) Surgical Procedures
- Growing Demand for Atherectomy to Treat Small Vessel Diseases & In-Stent Restenosis
- Increasing Demand for Atherectomy in Office-based Cath Labs
- Vendors Increasing Focus on Conducting Clinical Studies on Atherectomy Devices
Atherectomy Devices Market – Geography
North America is expected to grow at a significant rate due to the increasing preference for minimally invasive surgical procedures. The presence of a large patient pool of PAD and CAD population with increasing adoption of atherectomy devices is likely to drive the market. Further, the demand in the region is expected to be driven by favorable reimbursement policies, technological advancements, and the extensive reach of innovative products. Canada is also likely to experience a healthy growth during the forecast period. The growth in the region is mainly attributed to the increasing incidence of CAD and PAD, favorable reimbursements for atherectomy, higher acceptance of modern atherectomy devices by healthcare professionals and technological advancements.
Market Segmentation by Geography
- North America
- Latin America
- South Korea
- Saudi Arabia
- Cardiovascular Systems
- Koninklijke Philips
- Boston Scientific
Other vendors include – Avinger, Eximo Medical, REX MEDICAL, Ra Medical Systems, Straub Medical.
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States