An addiction healing center has issued a set of special tips on how to celebrate sobriety and not fall off the wagon.
The Inspire Change Wellness Addiction Treatment Center for Men is encouraging its clients to celebrate sobriety ‘birthdays’ and use it as a chance to reflect on their amazing achievements and the support they have received from their friends, families and supporters.
Here are their top celebration tips…
- Do something for the coaches or mentors who have helped you through the difficult times. It might be as simple as saying “thank you”, writing them a heartfelt letter, or if you are in a position to, take them for a meal.
- Establish a new tradition that helps you to mark the occasion and take thinking away from the negative actions and situations that got you into trouble in the first place. It doesn’t have to be big. It could be as simple as visiting a certain landmark, a hike along the river, a trip to a special place or a private dinner for your nearest and dearest.
- Set celebrations over the whole course of your recovery. One month sober is a time to celebrate, so don’t leave it a whole year. If you set smaller landmarks, then it gives you something to look forward to.
- Give something back in the town where you live and volunteer for a local charity. It doesn’t have to be related to your addiction. It could be a food bank or a soup kitchen or a thrift store.
- If you are sporty and exercise focused, perhaps you could set yourself exercise goals – to complete 5K, 10K, a half marathon or a marathon
- Is it time to share your story and moment, and help others who are in a similar situation to you a few weeks or months or years before.
- Don’t celebrate alone. Invite family or friends or mentors to join in so you are sharing the achievement that you have ultimately achieve together and it also means you are not putting yourself in a situation that might cause a relapse.
- Avoid traditional places like bars and nightclubs where people celebrate as they are ultimately places where people drink and take drugs. Don’t put temptation in your way when you have worked so hard and there are so many great places to go that are less alcohol oriented.
About Inspire Change Wellness Addiction Treatment Center for Men
Inspire Change Wellness Addiction Treatment Center for Men is a safe and clean place for men who have drug and alcohol addictions to recover. The Center provides its clients with highly qualified professionals, high level support, gourmet food, fitness classes and yoga to help support the recovery process.
Company Name: Inspire Change Wellness For Addiction Treatment
Contact Person: Louis Grant
Email: Send Email
Address:15216 North Bluff Road Suite # 509 White Rock
State: British Columbia V4B 0A7