The global smart port market size is expected to reach USD 13.98 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 32.4% over the forecast period. The growing need to improve throughput across all types of ports coupled with the need to reduce the operational cost is the key factor driving the adoption of smart solutions at port facilities. Moreover, the growing need to gather real-time information on different port processes to help authorities take an informed decision has further contributed to the uptake of smart technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), process automation, blockchain, and the Internet of Things (IoT) across port facilities.
Port authorities have been the laggards in terms of technology adoption when compared to other industry verticals. However, the growing maritime trade worldwide has increased the operational challenges of the port authorities by manifolds. The authorities are increasingly focusing on boosting operational efficiency and terminal productivity while simultaneously minimizing the environmental footprint and securing sustainable growth. To attain operational excellence and efficiently manage the increasing number of operations at the ports, port authorities worldwide have either implemented or are preparing to implement at least one of the combination of several technologies at their facilities.
Get PDF sample copy with TOC of Global Smart Port MarketResearch Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/smart-port-market/request/rs1
In recent years, there has been a substantial increase in the amount of maritime trade across the globe. According to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the global container handling at ports is predicted to grow four times the current levels by 2030. Despite there being an imminent need to deploy advanced technologies and automate operations, lack of IT infrastructure, especially across several emerging economies poses a major challenge. However, increasing investments in IT infrastructure development and growing awareness among port authorities regarding the benefits associated with the deployment of next-generation technologies like 5G are collectively expected to aid the transition toward smart operations.
Smart Port Market Report Highlights
- The market is majorly driven by the growing need to curb operational expenses and embrace efficient, data-driven decision-making processes
- The process automation segment held the largest share, contributing to over 35% of the global market revenue in 2019. The increasing efforts of the authorities to reduce human involvement in port operations by automating several repetitive processes are anticipated to drive the growth
- Moderately busy ports that handle 5 to 18 million TEU on average are expected to register the highest CAGR of 33.9% over the forecast period. Substantial investment capacity combined with a relatively smaller number of operations and hence lesser complexity involved in technology integration and adoption remains the major factor driving growth in the segment
- The seaport segment is anticipated to witness the highest CAGR over the forecast period due to the relatively greater number of operations handled at these ports
- Asia Pacific accounted for the largest revenue share in 2019 followed by Europe. The high adoption rate of smart technology is majorly due to the presence of a major and large number of ports with high-throughput capacity in the region.
For Purchase Options or any Inquire about Smart Port Marketplease visit @: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/450848/ibb
Smart Port Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global smart port market on the basis of technology, throughput capacity, port type, and region:
Smart Port Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Process Automation
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Smart Port Throughput Capacity Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Extensively Busy
- Moderately Busy
- Scarcely Busy
Smart Port Type Industry Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Inland Port
Smart Port Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- North America
- The U.S.
- The U.K.
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- The Middle East & Africa
List of Key Players of Smart Port Market
- ROYAL HASKONINGDHV
- Trelleborg AB
- PORT OF ROTTERDAM
- Ramboll Group A/S
- Abu Dhabi Ports
Browse Related Reports :
Smart Airports Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Technology (Security Systems, Communication Systems, Air/Ground Traffic Control), By Application, By Location, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025.
Blockchain Technology Market Size, Share, & Trends Analysis Report By Type, By Component, By Application, By Enterprise Size, By End Use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 – 2025.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.A based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States