In-depth analysis and data-driven insights on the impact of COVID-19 included in this global peritoneal dialysis (PD) market report.
The global peritoneal dialysis (PD) market sizeis expected to grow at a CAGR of over 6% during the period 2019−2025.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- The global PD market was valued around $3.5 billion in 2019 and it is expected to grow with a single digit CAGR. High usage and need for PD solution by patients is the key factors anticipated to drive the growth of the market.
- The rising COVID-19 cases has increased the adoption of home-based peritoneal dialysis adoption as well as rising CKF prevalence is boosting PD adoption and fueling the market growth.
- Currently CAPD accounts for larger share and is dominating the market with an incremental growth of over $1 billion during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to exhibit the highest CAGR of over 8% during the forecast period.
- The home dialysis has increased due to COVID-19 and increased in availability of the advanced technology dialysis machines, that have ability of modern cyclers to deliver accurate and reliable treatments made APD a real alternative to CAPD.
- The market is moderately fragmented with many international players providing PD products. Vendors need to strategically focus on the development and commercial launches of on demand PD, advanced APD products, as well as they are providing home care services along with training for self PD that is boosting the market growth.
- The competitive environment is likely to intensify further with the increase in product approvals, technological innovations, and strategic acquisitions to offer advanced PD machines, solutions, catheters as well as other products to assure rapid and effective care, and boost the market growth.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2019−2025
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by products, technology, diseases, end-users, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – 4 key vendors and 14 other vendors
Peritoneal Dialysis Market – Segmentation
- The growing interest to manufacture new solutions with high biocompatible features is a significant contributor to the market growth. The development of neutral‐pH, low or ultralow GDP solutions, glucose‐sparing PD solutions, alternative osmotic agents (such as hyperbranched polyglycerol), and low‐sodium PD solutions is driving the segment.
- There is an increase in the patient population globally, which is boosting PD adoption and is contributing to the CAPD segment growth. Also, the availability of various machines by major and other prominent vendors for CAPD globally is expected to boost the market growth in upcoming years. North America was the major revenue contributor to both CAPD and APD technology segments.
- The increasing CKF disease prevalence worldwide is driving the adoption of PD treatment in the patient population that is boosting the market growth. Moreover, the increasing patient population of hypertension and diabetes is driving the prevalence of CKF globally. This has increased the PD adoption in the patient population and is boosting the market demand for PD products.
Peritoneal Dialysis Market by Products
- PD Solution
- PD Sets
- PD Machines
- PD Catheters
Peritoneal Dialysis Market by Technology
Peritoneal Dialysis Market by Disease
- Chronic Kidney Failure (CKF)
- Acute Kidney Failure (AKF)
Peritoneal Dialysis Market by End-users
- Home Healthcare Settings
- Dialysis Centers
- Nursing Homes
Peritoneal Dialysis Market – Dynamics
According to several research studies in recent years, there have been interesting advances in the science and practice of PD. New, “biocompatible” fluids contain more physiologic pH and reduced glucose degradation products. These new fluids may reduce the deleterious effects of chronic exposure to the peritoneal membrane. However, enthusiasm for these new fluids is outstripping rigorous evidence that they change the patient outcome. Continuous-flow PD offers a way to increase small solute clearance dramatically. However, there are significant technological barriers to the implementation of this kind of dialysis. Furthermore, there is little evidence that augmented small solute clearance will improve survival in PD patients. Finally, new catheter insertion techniques possibly provide the most practical advances in allowing successful commencement of this excellent home dialysis option.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Automated Peritoneal Dialysis Expected to Gain Traction in Upcoming Years
- Emergence of On-demand Peritoneal Dialysis
- Favorable Government Initiatives
- Growing Inclination toward Peritoneal Dialysis
Peritoneal Dialysis Market – Geography
North America dominated the market in 2019. The well-established healthcare infrastructure, strict regulations for PD at healthcare facilities, and high adoption of advanced APD are among the primary factors contributing to the dominance of the region. North America is expected to hold a prominent share in the market during the forecast period. This is attributed to the increased prevalence of diseases among the peoples due to sedentary lifestyles.
Peritoneal Dialysis Market by Geography
- North America
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Baxter International
- Fresenius Medical Care
Other Prominent Vendors
- Cook Medical
- Amecath Medical Technologies
- CardioMed Supplies
- Merit Medical Systems
- MITRA INDUSTRIES
- Lifeline Services
- Health Line International
- Newsol Technologies
- Poly Medicure
- Utah Medical Products
- Renax Biomedical Tech
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States