In-depth analysis and data-driven insights on the impact of COVID-19 included in this Sweden data center market report.
Sweden data center market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 6% during the period 2019−2025.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- Favorable climatic conditions, low power costs, government support, and improvement in inland and submarine connectivity to other countries is driving growth in the Sweden data center market.
- The Stockholm Data Center Park is one of the major enablers of greenfield and brownfield data center developments in Sweden.
- Over $1 billion will be cumulatively invested on data center core & shell development, installation and commissioning services, building design, physical security, and data center infrastructure management (DCIM) in the Sweden market.
- The colocation market in Sweden is estimated to grow at a CAGR of around 11% during 2019-2025, which is currently dominated by local service providers.
- Carbon neutrality to increase energy-efficient infrastructure adoption that includes, lithium-ion battery UPS adoption and generator systems.
- Market Size & Forecast by Investment | 2019−2025
- Market Size & Forecast by Colocation Revenue | 2019−2025
- Impact of COVID-19 on Data Center Market
- Retail & Wholesale Data Center Colocation Pricing in Sweden
- List of Data Center Investments in Sweden
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by IT infrastructure, electrical infrastructure, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, and tier standard
- Key Market Participants – List of 10 IT infrastructure providers, 10 construction service providers, 15 support infrastructure providers, and 6 data center investors
Sweden Data Center Market – Segmentation
- Increasing investments in data centers and the implementation of GDPR have increased server revenues in Sweden in the last two years. Mission critical and high-performance server systems are likely to dominate as the country is transforming to Industrial 4.0.
- VRLA UPS systems are dominating the market with an adoption rate of over 80%. However, it is estimated that lithium-ion UPS systems are likely to gain a share of around 25% by 2025. In 2018, Eaton started trail on its UPS-as-a-Reserve service in Sweden in partnership with national grid operator, Svenska kraftnät. In this design, the UPS is connected to the grid to provide support to the data center during low supply and peak power demand.
- Free cooling solutions are likely to dominate the Sweden market. For instance, Hydro66 uses free air cooling for its facility in Boden, Sweden. In 2020, EcoDataCenter deployed immersion liquid cooling technology developed by Iceotope under partnership with Schneider Electric and Avnet. The cooling solution deployed is to support up to 46kW per rack.
Market Segmentation by IT Infrastructure
- Storage Systems
- Network Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by Electrical Infrastructure
- UPS Systems
- Transfer, Switches & Switchgears
- Rack PDUs
- Other Electrical Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by Mechanical Infrastructure
- Cooling Systems
- Rack Cabinets
- Other Mechanical Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by General Construction
- Building Development
- Installation & Commissioning Services
- Building Design
- Physical Security
- Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM)
Market Segmentation by Tier Standard
- Tier I & Tier II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
Sweden Data Center Market – Dynamics
NDC has partnered with Skellefteå Kraft, an energy service provider, to build-out data center in North Sweden, Finnfors Data Center campus, which supports capacity of up to 120MW and runs on 100% renewable energy sources. In 2019, the market witnessed an increase in merger and acquisition activities. For instance, EcoDataCenter merged with Fortlax Data Center in 2019. Similarly, EQT Infrastructure merged GlobalConnect and IP-only in 2019. Equinix, Multigrid, Bahnhof, Borderlight (GoGreenHost), InterXion (Digital Realty), and EcoDataCenter expanded their presence in the market in 2019. Stockholm Data Parks is expected to emerge as the major investment destination for colocation operators in Sweden. Low power costs, the availability of renewable energy sources, and the introduction of the district heating concept are expected to decrease the OPEX for data center operators in the future.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Increase in Cloud Adoption by SMEs
- AI Innovations Increasing Infrastructure Investment in Sweden
- 5G & IoT Deployment aiding Growth of Data Traffic
- Renewable Energy Procurement supports Growth of Data Center Market
Key Market Participants
- IT Infrastructure Providers
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Dell Technologies
- Construction Service Providers
- ETIX EVERYWHERE
- Support Infrastructure Providers
- MTU Onsite Energy
- Kohler SDMO
- Schneider Electric
- Riello UPS
- Data Center Investors
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States