(Albany, US) DelveInsight has launched a new report on Cystic Fibrosis Epidemiology
DelveInsight’s ‘Cystic Fibrosis Epidemiology Forecast – 2030’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Cystic Fibrosis (CF), historical and forecasted epidemiology in the United States, and EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom).
According to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, “Cystic Fibrosis is a progressive, genetic disease that causes persistent lung infections and limits the ability to breathe over time”. In people with CF, a defective gene causes a thick, sticky buildup of mucus in the lungs, pancreas, and other organs. In the lungs, the mucus clogs the airways and traps bacteria leading to infections, extensive lung damage, and eventually respiratory failure. In the pancreas, the mucus prevents the release of digestive enzymes that allow the body to break down food and absorb vital nutrients. CFTR, the gene associated with cystic fibrosis, encodes the protein cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator. The gene was identified in 1989 and is found at 7q31.2, the long arm (q) of chromosome 7 at position 31.2. Survival has increased for patients with cystic fibrosis from late teens to mid-30s because of the many advances in diagnosis and treatment, and in some instances, lung transplantation.
Check free sample page:- https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/cystic-fibrosis-epidemiology-forecast
Cystic Fibrosis Epidemiology
More than 1000 possible changes can occur in CFTR to cause cystic fibrosis, but approximately 70% of all patients with cystic fibrosis have the same defect: F508. This defect is a deletion of 3 bases that causes the loss of the protein phenylalanine. Patients who have a complete loss of the CFTR gene have a clinical phenotype representative of pancreatic disease, severe pulmonary disease, gastrointestinal problems, and infertility (in men) or, sometimes, fertility problems. The Cystic Fibrosis (CF) epidemiology division provides insights about the historical and current patient pool along with the forecasted trend for every seven major countries. It helps recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
Key facts of the report
- According to the foundation’s patient registry report till date more than 1800 mutations have been found in the CFTR gene which have been classified into five classes. The most common CFTR mutation is F508del.
- According to Brumley et al. 2014, women continue to have a shortened life expectancy relative to men despite accounting for key CF-related comorbidities with median life expectancy of 36 years.
- As per Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Patient Registry estimates, more than 30,000 people are living with cystic fibrosis in the US.
- Approximately 1000 new cases of CF are diagnosed each year and more than 75 percent of people with CF are diagnosed by age 2. More than half of the CF population is age 18 or older.
- According to Naehrig et al. 2017, the incidence of CF in Germany is between 1 in 3300 and 1 in 4800.
Cystic Fibrosis Report Scope
- The Cystic Fibrosis (CF) report covers a detailed overview explaining its causes, symptoms, classification, pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment patterns.
- The Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Epidemiology Report and Model provide an overview of the risk factors and global trends of Cystic Fibrosis (CF) in the six major markets (6MM: US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK).
- The report provides insight about the historical and forecasted patient pool of Cystic Fibrosis (CF) in six major markets covering the United States, and EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK).
- The report helps witness the growth opportunities in the 6MM with respect to the patient population.
- The report assesses the disease risk and burden and highlights the unmet needs of Cystic Fibrosis (CF).
- The report provides the segmentation of the Cystic Fibrosis (CF) epidemiology by Prevalent Cases of Cystic Fibrosis (CF) in 6MM.
- The report provides the segmentation of the Cystic Fibrosis (CF) epidemiology by Gender-specific Prevalent Cases of Cystic Fibrosis (CF) in 6MM.
- The report provides the segmentation of the Cystic Fibrosis (CF) epidemiology by Age-specific Prevalent Cases of Cystic Fibrosis (CF) in 6MM.
- The report provides the segmentation of the Cystic Fibrosis (CF) epidemiology by Type-specific Prevalent Cases of Cystic Fibrosis (CF) in 6MM.
Download full report:- https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/cystic-fibrosis-epidemiology-forecast
Table of content
1 Key Insights
2 Executive Summary
4 Epidemiology and Market Methodology
5 Cystic Fibrosis: Market Overview at a Glance
6 Cystic Fibrosis: Market Overview at a Glance
7 Epidemiology and Patient Population
8 Treatment for Cystic Fibrosis
9 KOL Views
11 DelveInsight Capabilities
13 About DelveInsight
Why should you buy this report?
The Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Epidemiology report will allow the user to –
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Cystic Fibrosis (CF) market
- Quantify patient populations in the global Cystic Fibrosis (CF) market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for Cystic Fibrosis (CF) therapeutics in each of the markets covered
- Understand the magnitude of Cystic Fibrosis (CF) population by its Prevalence cases
- Understand the magnitude of Cystic Fibrosis (CF) population by its Gender-specific cases
- Understand the magnitude of Cystic Fibrosis (CF) population by its Age-specific cases
- Understand the magnitude of Cystic Fibrosis (CF) population by its Type-specific cases
- The Cystic Fibrosis (CF) epidemiology report and model were written and developed by Masters and PhD level epidemiologists
- The Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Epidemiology Model developed by DelveInsight is easy to navigate, interactive with dashboards, and epidemiology based on transparent and consistent methodologies. Moreover, the model supports data presented in the report and showcases disease trends over 11-year forecast period using reputable sources
- Cystic fibrosis Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast – 2030
- Cystic fibrosis Pipeline Insight, 2020
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for life science vertical and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Kritika Rehani
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States