New York, USA – September 29, 2020 – Recently, BOC Sciences, a well-known chemical and pharmaceutical supplier, announced the launch of a new fluorescence labeling technology platform for the scientific community.
In molecular biology and biotechnology, fluorescent tags, also known as fluorescent probes, are chemically attached molecules that help detect biomolecules, such as proteins, antibodies, or amino acids.
Autofluorescent proteins, small molecular fluorescent marker dyes, nanocrystal materials, small molecular protein tags, etc., can all be used as fluorescent markers. A good fluorescent probe is usually small in size, chemically stable and not reactive to the biomolecules. The labeling should be efficient and adaptable to the target molecule to establish a covalent linkage between the probes and a specific residue in the target molecules. The expression of target protein, localization, interaction and activity status of target protein can be studied by fluorescence imaging detection instrument. There are several ways of labeling, including chemically synthesis, enzymatic reactions, and the use of tags.
Application of Fluorescence Labeling
• By fluorescent labeling of biomolecules, researchers can use accurate and sensitive methods such as imaging, flow cytometry, western blotting to detect the specific components of complex biological complexes.
• Immunofluorescence technique is the most suitable method for the study of endogenous proteins. Fluorescence-labeled antibodies that specifically bind to phosphorylated proteins can help us to clearly observe the activation of endogenous proteins.
• Using fluorescent protein markers, we can study the expression of target genes, protein transport and various intracellular dynamic biochemical signaling pathways.
• The life span of proteins can be studied by a hybrid system constructed by genetically modified small molecular organic fluorescent markers.
• The localization of proteins can be studied by combining electron microscopy and rapid photoinactivation.
• Fluorescence labeling techniques can also be used to study protease activity in living animals, such as disruption of FRET, quenching fluorescence labeled substrate, or activating cationic cell penetrating peptides that can bring fluorescent groups into cells.
BOC Sciences provides fluorescent labeling services for a variety of substances, including peptides, antibodies, proteins, nucleic acids, polysaccharides, enzymes, carbohydrates, oligonucleotides and fatty acids.
For more information, please visit the website: https://bioconjugation.bocsci.com.
About BOC Sciences
BOC Sciences has been closely involved with drug discovery, chemistry and life science by supplying a comprehensive collection of chemicals to researchers, such as inhibitors, metabolites, impurities and natural compounds. Meanwhile, it also provides a wide range of services through all stages of drug R&D to support the pharmaceutical industry, like custom synthesis of chemicals, isotope labeling, formulation service, antibody drug conjugates, chiral synthesis and resolution.