In-depth analysis and data-driven insights on the impact of COVID-19 included in this global diesel engine market report.
The diesel engine market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 3% during the period 2019−2025.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- The requirement for power generators is expected to surge albeit with slower rates on account of COVID-19 related economic slowdown.
- The introduction of more eco-friendly products is expected in the diesel engine industry, as the regulations tighten across countries. Thus, the competition is expected to heat up as vendors tend to focus on upgraded products at each strong season of sales.
- The market is expected to face margin pressures during the forecast period. Therefore, it is advisable to focus on making processes more robust and cut any wasteful expenditures.
- Procurement price renegotiation is recommended to overcome the high input costs. A realignment of the agreement with suppliers is anticipated to save significantly for vendors in terms cost.
- Low speed type marine diesel engine is expected to grow in demand, and gensets in the industrial sector are expected to flourish during the forecast period. Thus, a focus on these areas is recommended.
- From an economic perspective, the current situation is very uncertain and can have long-term effects on the industry. However, the European industry, is more capable and poised to overcome the current industry challenges as it has been facing many economy-related problems, even prior to COVID-19, unlike other regions that were on a strong growth trendline. Hence, the industry was already cautious in its approach prior to COVID-19, and therefore, the impact on the region and its recovery is anticipated to be faster as compared to other regions, across the globe.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2019−2025
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by application, power equipment by operation, power equipment by end-user, speed, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – 8 key vendors and 22 other vendors
Diesel Engine Market – Segmentation
- The automotive segment is expected to have a higher growth rate than the non-automotive application segment. Although diesel engines are more fuel-efficient than petrol ones, the incentive for vehicle manufacturers is on the lower side as there is a higher tax rate on diesel vehicles than petrol ones, and the emission standards for diesel engines are considerably higher than those for petrol.
- The stand-by operation segment is expected to have a high growth than prime and peak shaving segments. Diesel engines are of low cost and can handle high-load during emergency power-cuts. Moreover, the outbreak of COVID-19 has brought all markets to a standstill due to shutdowns and lockdowns imposed across countries.
- The demand for power equipment in the commercial sector is expected to expand at a steady pace. The capacity of gensets to counterbalance the expense of high-power loss due to voltage spikes and frequent power outages in the commercial sector is projected to affect the market positively.
o Heavy Vehicles
o Light Passenger
o Light Commercial
o Construction Equipment
o Power Equipment
o Marine Industry
o Agricultural Equipment
Power Equipment by Operation
- Peak Shaving
Power Equipment by End-user
Marine Diesel Engine by Speed
Diesel Engine Market – Dynamics
A hybrid has a powertrain that combines a petrol or diesel engine with a battery-powered electric motor. The battery is charged by capturing energy from the braking and, under certain conditions, from the engine. Diesel-electric hybrids are designed to offer diesel-economy levels, with the ability to run electric vehicles in urban areas, thereby reducing diesel engine emissions. Hybrids do not need to be plugged in to the mains to recharge the battery because there is a petrol or diesel engine. Hybrids can offer greater engine performance. A hybrid vehicle is one that uses more than one means of propulsion while incorporating an electric motor with a petrol or diesel engine. A hybrid has the key benefits of burning less petrol and producing less CO2 than similar traditional petrol or diesel-engine vehicle. Electric vehicles have a traditional engine, an electric motor and a battery. There are three styles of combinations, each with different functions.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Growth in the Non-Automotive Market
- Rising Demand for Diesel Vehicles
- Fuel Efficient than Petrol Engine
Diesel Engine Market – Geography
The APAC region is represented as one of the major markets for diesel engines and diesel-powered vehicles. However, the market is estimated to witness a decline in the demand for diesel engines in several countries owing to the sudden COVID-19 outbreak, lockdown implementation, and supply chain disruption. Furthermore, changes in emission norms and consumer shift towards electric vehicles are expected to impact the market growth. The region is expected to witness a downward growth in the diesel engine market. APAC region is expected to see a downward growth in the diesel engine market in the medium term from 2021−2023.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- CNH Industrial
- John Deere
- Volvo Group
Other Prominent Vendors
- Rolls-Royce Motor
- General Motors (GM)
- Navistar International Corporation
- Anglo Belgian
- Detroit Diesel
- Doosan Engine
- IHI Power Systems
- ISUZU Diesel
- Lister Petter
- MAN SE
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries
- Weichai Dongli
- Winterthur Gas & Diesel
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States