Franklin, MA – October 8, 2020 – Jaco, Inc., manufacturer of mobile and wall-mounted computer workstations for healthcare providers’ point-of-care applications, today announced its new Jaco EVO™ Lite series of non-powered EHR workstations for tablets and laptop computers.
EVO Lite brings the nurse-friendly ergonomic design innovations of the Jaco EVO powered cart series – including EVO’s groundbreaking Comfort Glide Lift Technology™ and easy-to-access EVO Clearview Storage™ – to a compact, lightweight, highly capable series of non-powered mobile EHR tablet and laptop computer workstations.
“EVO Lite evolves our non-powered carts using the same exceptional features and attributes of the EVO series,” said Noreen Rossini, President of Jaco, Inc. “We’re excited to now offer a full range of powered and non-powered carts that are lighter and easier to use for nurses, reliable and durable for IT, and a smarter capital equipment investment for hospitals.”
Lightweight, innovative and hospital-strong
EVO Lite elevates expectations for medical-grade construction, comfort and capabilities in non-powered tablet and laptop carts. Key features include:
- Lightweight strength: EVO Lite carts start as light as 27 lbs., but are up to 98% aircraft-grade metal by weight.
- Superior infection control: All metal surfaces are finished with a high-gloss antimicrobial powder coat that tolerates chemical, heat and UV-B/C sterilization.
- Comfort Glide Lift Technology: Smooth, silent, one-handed height adjustment with fewer moving parts.
- Optional EVO ClearView Storage: Side-opening storage that lets nurses view and access drawer content without bending, stepping back from the cart, or changing their working position.
- Extraordinary small footprint and low-profile base: All EVO Lite cart bases are just 6” high and fit under virtually any patient bed to make maximum use of floor space and enable closer patient engagement.
“Like powered carts, non-powered carts are workflow-critical medical devices that caregivers depend on,” said Rossini. “EVO Lite carts are designed and built to deliver the same shift-long comfort, work-saving innovation, better patient engagement and long product life our customers have come to expect from EVO powered carts.”
Tablet, laptop and podium models
EVO Lite is available immediately in three configurations:
- Jaco EVO Lite Tablet, a cart for new and recent Apple iPad and Microsoft Surface and Surface Pro tablet models. EVO Lite Tablet’s specially designed tablet stand allows 360° side-to-side pan, 120° up-and-down tilt, and portrait-to-landscape rotation, making it easy for nurses to engage patients from virtually any angle.
- Jaco EVO Lite LT1, a space-saving and well-equipped non-powered laptop cart. EVO Lite LT1’s thoughtful design locks the laptop beneath a generous and easy-to-clean ‘slotless,’ worksurface. Customers can choose a standard or extra-large keyboard tray and add a range of accessories to create a compact, comfortable, high-productivity workstation.
- Jaco EVO Lite LT2, a flexible laptop podium cart that starts at just 27 lbs. EVO Lite LT2 compresses to just 29.75” high to store easily under counters – yet like all EVO Lite models, it can be customized with storage, device mounts, scanners and more to tackle any number of point-of-care workflows.
Teleconference demos available
For interested customers Jaco offers EVO Lite ‘Tele-Demos’ – private product demonstrations hosted live via teleconference from Jaco’s corporate headquarters and manufacturing facility. At a Jaco Tele-Demo you can learn about the unique way EVO Lite is built, see its features and accessories in action, and speak directly with the Jaco team – all from the comfort and safety of your office or home office.
For complete product information, or to schedule an EVO Lite Tele-Demo, contact your Jaco representative, or submit a Tele-Demo request online.
About Jaco, Inc.
Jaco, Inc., located in Franklin, Massachusetts, is a leading manufacturer and integrator of computer carts and wall-arm workstations for Electronic Health Records (EHR) and other point-of-care applications. Proudly manufacturing in the United States of America for over 48 years, Jaco has set the healthcare industry standard for superior infection control, ergonomic design and safety, sustainable quality and unmatched capital equipment investment value. Jaco is nationally certified as a Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) and Woman’s Business Enterprise by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and is an ISO 9001-2008 Registered Company.