The COVID-19 pandemic has created a situation in which people are now working from home, meaning that people are being forced to learn how to balance work and home life all at once. This underscores just one aspect of life that has changed this year, but with the relationship between work and home being increasingly blurred, many are feeling the strain.
“Factors such as an unfamiliar work environment, the lack of defined structure, and distractions we didn’t know exist can take their toll,” said the team at Avantera, a health and lifestyle company based in Austin. “Instead of us having more control over our time, remote work can leave us stressed and rob us of our vitality and productivity.”
Avantera has come forward with six tips for managing stress when working from home.
1. Make lists, prioritizing the most important tasks of the day in order to create more structure while ensuring critical tasks are completed first.
2. People working from home might find that dressing for work helps them get into “work mode” and prioritize work tasks and deadlines better.
3. Avantera says that it’s important to take breaks. It’s okay to get up and move around when people get bored or restless, says Avantera, and using a part of those breaks to do some housework can help people feel productive.
4. The team at Avantera reminds people to get their mind off work when they aren’t working. It’s easy to be home all day and stay in “work mode” the entire time, but this can lead to problems relaxing and even getting a good night’s sleep.
5. Avantera says it’s important to remind family and friends that you’re still working; establishing boundaries can reduce frustrations from interruptions.
6. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. If people are balancing kids and relationships along with work and home life, things can get tense quickly. Asking for help from a family member, spouse, or friend can help ensure that balance is kept.
The team at Avantera is committed to helping people live healthier, happier lives by creating tools and educating people about how to develop better daily habits , and they hope these tips will help people balance their work and home lives during the pandemic when so many people have been thrust into working from home for the first time.
More information can be found at https://avanterahealth.com.
Avantera is a health and lifestyle brand based out of Austin, TX. Their mission is to help people develop healthier habits by creating tools that can be implemented into daily life. Exemplifying the concept of “you are what you do consistently”.