According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (eia.gov), 61.6% of households in the United States are outfitted with central air units (HVAC systems) for heating and cooling. Although a mainstay in heating and cooling, this year has sparked a trend towards more households opting to upgrade.
Increasing air pollution, wildfires, and the COVID-19 pandemic have all acted as catalysts, driving a trend of homeowners and homebuyers seeking out advanced air filtration systems for cleaner, healthier indoor air. These state of the art filtration systems (similar to those in commercial establishments and hospitals) boast the ability to remove more toxins, pollutants, allergens, and pathogens (such as bacteria and viruses) from the air.
But according to United Home Services, these systems can only operate effectively when combined with regular professional air duct services such as inspection, cleaning and repair.
The Importance of Air Duct Cleaning
As a leader in air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning, chimney cleaning and inspection, and home insulation, United Home Services knows first-hand how important it is to keep ductwork maintained and professionally cleaned.
According to United Home Services, the ductwork in homes is a vital component of any HVAC system, circulating and routing hot and cold air throughout the property, resulting in efficient and consistent temperature control. However, when left uncleaned or poorly maintained, ductwork can have a serious impact on both performance and indoor air quality, leading to increased energy costs and health concerns. Although some homeowners may be inclined to attempt this on their own, there are several reasons why air duct cleaning is not a ‘do it yourself’ job according to United Home Services.
Benefits of Professional Air Duct Cleaning:
- Results in a Cleaner Living Area: eliminating dust that would otherwise circulate and settle on floors, counters, furniture and more.
- Reduces Allergens and Contaminants: professional cleaning removes the build-up of bacteria, pollen, mold spores, pet dander, and more, preventing the circulation of these throughout the home.
- Reliably Enhances Air Quality: According to the EPA, indoor air quality in many homes is regularly 2-5 times worse than that outdoors, with pollutant levels reaching up to 100 times higher than outside.
- Eliminate Odors: Dirty ductwork is a leading culprit of stale, moldy, musty and other unpleasant smells in a home.
- Improve Airflow Efficiency: Buildup inside of air ducts can reduce energy efficiency by producing increased drag/resistance, clogging the air filter (which reduces airflow), and by causing damage over time to the ductwork itself.
Improved Air Quality for Better Respiratory Health
Americans spend up to 90% of their time indoors. According to the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), indoor air quality can range from 2-5x higher in pollutants than outdoor. This can pose a risk to those with heart or respiratory issues, and may make individuals more susceptible to respiratory infections (including those from COVID).
United Home Services remains committed to helping keep families safe and healthy year-round. Air ducts, dryer vents, and chimneys can have a significant impact on indoor air quality. When not properly maintained and professionally cleaned, HVAC ducts can harbor dangerous bacteria, viruses, mold spores, and other particulates that circulate throughout the home.
Home Services Offered
Backed by combined decades of experience, United Home Services is fully licensed, certified, warrantied and bonded to offer a range ofhome-based services.
- A/C Installation and Repair
- Air Duct Inspection, Cleaning and Repair
- Chimney Inspection, Cleaning and Repair
- Home Insulation
- Dryer Vent Cleaning, Inspection and Repair
- UV Lights Repair and Installation
- And more…
About United Home Services
Founded over two decades ago, United Home Services haslocations in and proudly serves Connecticut, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Texas and Washington homeowners, offering a range of high-value, professional home-based services. The company specializes in chimney cleaning and inspection, air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning and home insulation.
As a ‘one-stop-shop’, United Home Services has made it their mission to provide superior quality design and installation services that get the job done right the first time, on time, and on budget. Backed by a long-standing track record of going above and beyond for clients, the company has earned a reputation as a leader in their industry.
- NCSG Texas Certificate
- NATEC Certified
- Licensed business
- Certified home improvement contractor (Pennsylvania)
- Licensed for Home Repair (Dallas, TX)
Those interested in learning more or in obtaining a free, no-obligation quote on a project are encouraged to reach out by calling toll-free at (866) 848-2073 or by inquiring online via their official website.