In-depth analysis and data-driven insights on the impact of COVID-19 included in this global drug-coated balloons market report.
The global drug-coated balloons market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 15% during the period 2019−2025.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- The global drug-coated balloons (DCBs) market is expected to reach above USD 1.5 billion by 2025 with high double-digit growth rate of around 15% over the forecast period.
- Market players increasing focus on expanding indications for DCBs is projected to boost the future market growth of DCBs globally.
- Based on indication, PAD remained the largest revenue contributor with a share of over 81% in the global DCBs market in 2019.
- Rising importance of generating abundant clinical data for estimating improved safety & efficacy of DCBs is one of the key driving factors of the global DCBs market.
- Worldwide, the Paclitaxel coated DCBs are estimated to witness the highest CAGR of over 15% during the forecast period.
- Based on geography, North America dominated the global DCBs market in 2019 with a share of about 51%.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2019−2025
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by indication, drug type, end-user, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – 5 key vendors, 21 other vendors, and 2 investigational companies
Drug-Coated Balloons Market – Segmentation
- The peripheral artery disease (PAD) segment accounted for a share of over 81% in 2019, and it is expected to retain its market dominance during the forecast period. The adoption of drug-coated balloons (DCB) for treating PAD is growing rapidly, primarily due to the availability of positive clinical data, supporting the safety and efficacy of DCB technology.
- The paclitaxel segment accounts for the maximum market share as these devices are safe and effective in treating CVDs, AV, and urological disorders. Paclitaxel-coated balloon (PCB) technology has emerged as a promising therapeutic alternative in the PCI procedure, especially for CVDs. The majority of commercially available DCBs are paclitaxel-coated.
- The global drug-coated balloons market is segmented into hospitals, freestanding CATH labs, and ASCs. Healthcare professionals in hospitals use DCBs mainly for cardiovascular disorders, including AV interventions, urological, and neurovascular procedures. The segment is growing at a healthy rate due to the high adoption of the latest generation DCBs.
Drug-Coated Balloons Market by Indication
Drug-Coated Balloons Market by Drug Type
Drug-Coated Balloons Market by End-user
- Ambulatory Care Settings
- Freestanding Cath Labs
Drug-Coated Balloons Market – Dynamics
Drug coated/eluting balloons hold much promise with their new exciting technology. Technological advances have led to the development of new generation DCBs with improved safety and efficacy rates. Technological advancements coupled with increasing awareness about latest generation DCBs and rigorous R&D activities have led to the usage of DCBs in new indications. Initially, DCBs were used majorly for treating SFA in patients with PAD. With continuous technological innovations and increase in clinical trials and research studies, the application of DCBs has expanded to other endovascular diseases. A few indications where DCBs are used include treating PAD patients with BTK artery lesions, small vessel diseases, complex CAD, AVG, and AVF. In recent years, regulatory bodies gave expanded indication approvals for the existing commercial DCBs.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Promising Investigational Drug-coated Balloons
- Emergence of New Generation DCBs
- Global Increase in Target Patient Pool
- Increasing Demand for DCBs due to Promising Outcomes
Drug-Coated Balloons Market – Geography
North America has a dominant position in the drug-coated balloons market. Increasing number of patients coupled with better access to treatment is the primary factor for its high market share. The strong presence of key vendors is also another reason for the higher adoption of DCBs in North America. Increase in the number of CVD and ESRD patients and the necessity to treat diseases with endovascular procedures is expected to boost market growth during the forecast period.
Drug-Coated Balloons Market by Geography
- North America
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Koninklijke Philips
- Boston Scientific
- B. Braun Melsungen
Other Prominent Vendors
- Aachen Resonance
- Acotec Scientific
- AR Baltic Medical
- Biosensors International Group
- Concept Medical
- M.A. Med Alliance
- Meril Life Sciences
- Nano Therapeutics
- QT Vascular
- RD Global-Invamed
- MICELL TECHNOLOGIES
- Orchestra BioMed
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States