In-depth analysis and data-driven insights on the impact of COVID-19 included in this APAC Hyperscale data center market report.
The APAC Hyperscale data center market is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 4% during the period 2019−2025.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- Cloud expansion by providers such as AWS, Google, Microsoft, Alibaba, IBM, and Oracle has been the key enabler of hyperscale data center growth in APAC.
- China, India, Japan, and Australia will dominate the market investments during 2020-2025, with COVID-19 to fastrack development activities.
- The APAC market to witness investments of around USD 45 billion in built-out of hyperscale data centers during 2020-2025.
- Hyperscale data center investments in APAC will provide USD 15 billion revenue opportunities for construction contractors and sub-contractors.
- In 2019, the market witnessed about five new entrants namely, BDX (Big Data Exchange), Chayora, Regal Orion, Space DC, and Yotta Infrastructure Solutions investing in hyperscale data centers across APAC. Multiple private equity and real estate firms are likely to enter in the next five years to build hyperscale data centers in APAC.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2019−2025
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by IT infrastructure, electrical infrastructure, mechanical infrastructure, cooling systems, general construction, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – 21 IT infrastructure providers, 25 support infrastructure providers, 15 construction contractors, 19 data center investors, and 5 new data center investors
APAC Hyperscale Data Center Market – Segmentation
- The IT hyperscale data center market in China & Hong Kong is expected to reach over $11 billion in 2025. Servers are likely to account for most of the market revenue, followed by storage and network infrastructure. Hyperscale operators are adopting OCP-designed open infrastructure solutions.
- The data center generator market share is expected to grow due to the continuous construction of hyperscale facilities across the globe. A single hyperscale service provider requires over 15 generators to provide uninterrupted power backup. The adoption of Diesel Rotary Uninterruptible Power Supply (DRUPS) systems is also growing as they combine both battery and flywheel UPS topology and a diesel generator to provide backup power during outages.
- Most hyperscale data center facilities in China are adopting water-based cooling techniques for cooling servers. A few cities in China facilitate free cooling for up to 5,000 hours per year. However, the construction of facilities in Northern China would require stronger fiber connectivity than the rest of the country.
APAC Hyperscale Data Center Market by IT Infrastructure
- Network Devices
APAC Hyperscale Data Center Market by Electrical Infrastructure
- UPS Systems
- Transfer Switches & Switchgears
- Other Electrical Infrastructure
APAC Hyperscale Data Center Market by Mechanical Infrastructure
- Cooling Systems
- Other Mechanical Infrastructure
APAC Hyperscale Data Center Market by Cooling Systems
- CRAC & CRAH
- Chiller Units
- Cooling Towers & Dry Coolers
- Economizers & Evaporative Coolers
- Other Cooling Units
APAC Hyperscale Data Center Market by General Construction
- Building Development
- Installation & Commissioning Services
- Building Design
- Physical Security
APAC Hyperscale Data Center Market – Dynamics
The increasing data center power consumption and the need to decrease carbon footprint have prompted many data center service providers to purchase clean, renewable energy sources to power their current and new facilities worldwide. Hyperscale data center providers like Microsoft, Facebook, Apple, Google, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) are the major investors in renewable energy initiatives. Google has purchased 10 MW of solar arrays in Taiwan. There is a high interest in adopting renewable power sources among global and local data center colocation suppliers such as ST Telemedia Global Data Centres, Yotta (Hiranandani Group), Chayora, and others. In addition, many data center operators are installing solar panels on the rooftops of their facilities. The use of renewable energy is likely to increase the focus on the data center design, redefine the installation and commissioning process, and increase physical security requirements in case of on-site power generation.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- AI Boosts Liquid Immersion & Direct-to-Chip Cooling Adoption
- Increased Adoption of OCP & Hyperscale-specific Infrastructure
- Cloud Services & Big Data Driving Hyperscale Data Centers
- IoT & 5G Deployment to Drive Hyperscale Development
APAC Hyperscale Data Center Market – Geography
In China, the major investment is led by colocation service providers such as Chayora, Tenglong Holding, Shanghai Athub, ChinData, 21Vianet, GDS Services Ltd, and Neo Telemedia. Most of the data centers have a power capacity of above 15 MW and are Tier III certified. In Hong Kong, among hyperscale service providers, iAdvtange and Global Switch are among the major hyperscale colocation data center providers. Also, in 2019, Global Switch expanded its data center facility in Hong Kong that supports around 20 MW of power capacity. Data center demand in China & Hong Kong will surpass supply due to the increasing demand for cloud-based services, big data analytics, and IoT. The China IoT market is likely to reach revenues of $200 billion by 2020, thereby prompting operators to consider the deployment of multiple hyperscale data centers and edge locations.
APAC Hyperscale Data Center Market by Geography
- China & Hong Kong
- Australia & New Zealand
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of APAC
Prominent IT Infrastructure Providers
- Dell Technologies
- Extreme Networks
- Hewlett Packard Enterprises (HPE)
- Hitachi Vantara
- Inspur Group
- Pure Storage
- Quanta Cloud Technology (Quanta Computer)
- Super Micro Computer
- Wistron Corporation (Wiwynn)
Prominent Support Infrastructure Providers
- Alfa Laval
- Bosch Security Systems (Robert Bosch)
- Condair Group
- Delta Group
- Euro-Diesel (KINOLT)
- Green Revolution Cooling (GRC)
- Hitech Power Protection
- KOHLER (SDMO)
- Nlyte Software
- Nortek Air Solutions
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- MTU On Site Energy (Rolls-Royce Power Systems AG)
- Piller Power Systems
- Schneider Electric
- Trane (Ingersoll Rand)
Prominent Construction Contractors
- Arup Group
- Aurecon Construction
- CSF Group
- DSCO Group
- Fortis Construction
- Gammon Construction
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T)
- NTT FACILITIES
- PM Group
- Sato Kogyo
- Sterling and Wilson (Shapoorji Pallonji Group)
- Studio One Design Limited
Data Center Investors
- AirTrunk Operating
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Bridge Data Centers
- Digital Realty
- GDS Holdings
- Global Switch
- NTT Communications
- Shanghai Athub
- Shanghai Qnet Networking Technology (Qnet Shanghai)
- ST Telemedia Global Data Centres (STT GDC)
- Tencent Holdings Ltd.
- Tenglong Holdings Group (Tamron)
New Data Center Investors
- BDx (Big Data Exchange)
- Regal Orion
- Space DC
- Yotta Infrastructure Solutions
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States