The global protein labeling market size is expected to reach USD 3.1 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.2% from 2020 to 2027. The study of Post-translational Modification (PTM) of proteins has gained immense popularity in cell biology and disease treatment and prevention. The introduction of effective quantification methods of protein expression with the use of tagging strategies, such as iodoTMTzero Label Reagent that detects nitrosylation, has driven an efficient determination of PTMs. Therefore, a rise in PTM-related studies is driving the market.
Request a sample Copy of the Global Protein Labeling Market Research Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/protein-labeling-market/request/rs1
The emergence of novel techniques and the launch of improved products are expected to positively influence market growth. One such development includes the application of new spin labels that expand the capability of site-directed spin labeling of proteins. These labels in combination with electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy (SDSL-EPR) enables investigation of protein structure, dynamics, and structural heterogeneity.
Research studies have stated that Host Cell Proteins (HCPs) interfere with biopharmaceutical manufacturing and result in low yields. Thus, it is essential to quantify and eliminate HCPs during such procedures. The advent of two dimensional in blot electrophoresis (2D DIBE) is proven to be an effective technique for HCP detection. It involves the use of a fluorescent dye, such as Cy3, thus creating lucrative opportunities for the demand for new labels in the market.
Key suggestions from the report:
- In reagents, proteins dominated the revenue share in 2019 as fluorescent proteins are beneficial and allow in situ fusion expression through gene transfer into cells
- This eliminates the need for purification, in vitro labeling, high-level heterologous production, and microinjection of recombinant proteins
- The development of monomeric fluorescent proteins that are capable to fluoresce orange to far-red bands of visible light spectrum drives the fluorescence microscopy at the fastest CAGR
- The in-vitro labeling segment serves to be a major contributor to the revenue generated in the global market and is anticipated to witness the fastest growth rate during the forecast period
- The less complexity associated with in-vitro techniques and availability of a large number of commercial kits for these techniques results in a larger share of this segment in 2019
- In the in-vivo segment, photoreactive labeling held dominant revenue share as photoreactive reagents are chemically inert and react when exposed to visible or UV light
- This allows the use of these reagents in living cells without hindering any metabolic reactions by activating binding with exposure to light at the desired stage, thus making in-vivo protein detection and analysis easy
- North America accounted for the maximum revenue share in the market in 2019
- This is due to the local presence of key manufacturers, increase in proteomics research, the advent of bioengineering technologies, and rise in adoption of these products in disease diagnosis-associated studies
- These players are taking efforts to introduce new products in the marketplace as well as reinforce their presence with collaborations, partnerships, and agreements
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/3013/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the global protein labeling market on the basis of product, application, method, and region:
Protein Labeling Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Monoclonal antibodies
- Other reagents
Protein Labeling Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Cell-based Assays
- Fluorescence Microscopy
- Immunological Techniques
- Protein Microarray
- Mass Spectrometry
Protein Labeling Method Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- In-vitro Labeling Methods
- Enzymatic methods
- Dye-based methods
- Co-translational methods
- Site-specific methods
- Nanoparticle methods
- In-vivo Labeling Methods
- Photoreactive methods
- Radioactive methods
Protein Labeling Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
List of Key Players of Protein Labeling Market
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Merck KGaA
- Perkin Elmer, Inc.
- Promega Corporation
- LGC Limited
- New England Biolabs
- LI-COR, Inc.
- GE Healthcare.
- Jena Bioscience GmbH
Find more research reports on Biotechnology Industry, by Grand View Research:
Protein Binding Assays Market – The protein binding assays market size was valued at USD 304.7 million in 2018 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 10.6% over the forecast period.
Orthopedic Soft Tissue Repair Market – Orthopedic soft tissue repair market was valued at over USD 5.0 billion in 2015 and is anticipated to show lucrative growth over the forecast period.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States