The global roaming tariff market size is expected to reach USD 88.9 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 4.5% from 2020 to 2027, according to a study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. The increasing number of internet users is anticipated to positively influence the market growth. An increase in the subscription of LTE owing to broader network coverage is also anticipated to drive the growth. However, the availability of 3G- and 4G-enabled smartphones that provide high efficiency while roaming are bolstering the market growth. 4G provides low latency and enables users to access data and voice services when traveling abroad owing to the roaming agreements between different operators. This factor is also expected to contribute to the market expansion over the forecast period.
Moreover, the increase in number of internet users in developing countries along with the rising adoption of smartphones is unfolding opportunities for market growth. For instance, the number of internet users in developing countries accounted for 2,868 million in 2018. Also, according to GSMA, smartphones are expected to emerge as the leading and most popular mobile devices used by individuals across all regions by 2020, which is expected to boost the adoption of smartphones to a total of 80% by 2025.
Request a sample Copy of the Global Roaming Tariff Market Research Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/global-roaming-tariff-market/request/rs1
Additionally, the rise in international tourism activities is also one of the factors expected to drive the market growth. The Australian Government revealed that 8.6 million international tourists visited Australia in June 2017. In addition, the Australian government updated its Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with China, India, and Australia in 2016, 2014, and 2017 respectively for encouraging tourism activities.
The launch of 5G services in 2020 is anticipated to provide growth opportunities owing to better coverage and enhanced network capacity, thus offering customers high-quality roaming services. However, government regulations are expected to reduce the tariff margins of network providers, thereby restraining the market growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The international roaming type segment accounted for a market share of over 70% in 2019. Even though the segment is expected to witness highest growth over the forecast period the ongoing spread of coronavirus since last few months negatively impacted the growth with reduced international tourism
- The wholesale roaming segment was valued at over USD 45.0 billion in 2019 and is expected to expand at a CAGR exceeding 4% from 2020 to 2027 owing to the increasing number of tourists visiting different countries
- The data segment held the largest market share of over 60% in 2019 owing to a significant increase in the number of smartphone users
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness substantial growth owing to the rising disposable income and increase in the adoption of smartphones coupled with significant number of internet users in the region
- The market is highly consolidated and characterized by high competition with the presence of major global players who focus on introducing different roaming tariff plans to enhance their market presence
- The companies are also carrying out mergers and acquisitions in an attempt to capture major market share. For instance, in March 2019, America Movil announced the acquisition of Nextel Telecommunications Ltd. Through this acquisition, the company expects to strengthen its position in Brazil market and expand its spectrum portfolio, coverage and quality, and subscriber base
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/2227/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the global roaming tariff market based on roaming type, distribution channel, service, and region:
Roaming Tariff Roaming Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
Roaming Tariff Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Retail Roaming
- Wholesale Roaming
Roaming Tariff Service Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
Roaming Tariff Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
List of Key Players of Roaming Tariff Market
- AT&T Inc.
- America Movil
- Bharti Airtel Ltd.
- China Mobile Ltd.
- Vodafone Group plc
- Verizon Communications Inc.
- Telefonica SA
- Sprint Corporation
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- Digicel Group
Find more research reports on Communication Services Industry, by Grand View Research:
Africa Roaming Tariff Market – The Africa roaming tariff market size was valued at USD 1.7 billion in 2019 and is expected to register a CAGR of 5.5% from 2020 to 2027.
Satellite Data Services Market – The global satellite data services market size was valued at USD 5.3 billion in 2019, registering a CAGR exceeding 27% from 2020 to 2027.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States