The U.S. contraceptive market size is expected to reach USD 10 billion by 2027 registering a CAGR of 4.3%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Improving access and awareness regarding Long-Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARCs) and the effectiveness and convenience of using these products are expected to drive the growth of the market. The Guttmacher Institute reports 60% of women of reproductive age use contraception in the U.S. Use of hormonal contraceptives other than the birth control pill has significantly increased in married women.
Request a sample Copy of the Global U.S. Contraceptive Market Research Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/us-contraceptive-market/request/rs1
Key market players are actively investing in the clinical pipeline, resulting in high competition and an increase in the quality of contraceptives. In January 2019, Mithra Pharmaceuticals announced the success of Estelle’s phase 3 study conducted in the U.S. and Canada, meeting the primary efficacy endpoint. The efficacy was reported to be similar to a recently FDA-approved Annovera & Lo-Loestrin. In August 2019, Agile Therapeutics, Inc. reported that the company is on track to request FDA approval for Twirla. The company is expected to conduct a review with the U.S. FDA’s advisory committee in October 2019 for Twirla’s New Drug Application.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The prevalence of teenage pregnancies is highest in the U.S. Government initiatives, such as improving sex education and increasing access to contraceptives, is expected to boost the adoption of various birth control methods in the country
- In 2019, the pills segment held the largest market share owing to the convenience of use and easy availability. The contraceptive pills market in the country is highly competitive due to the presence of generic products
- Intrauterine Devices (IUDs) was also among the major product segments in 2019 and will expand further at a steady CAGR from 2020 to 2027 with increasing demand for hormonal IUDs
- The rapid growth of subdermal implants in the U.S. contraceptive market is anticipated in the coming years. The subdermal implants market is highly consolidated with the presence of very few players
- Key companies in this market are focusing more on M&A and product development to gain a competitive edge over others
- In February 2020, TherapeuticsMD, Inc. entered into an agreement with Afaxys Pharma, LLC to increase access to ANNOVERA in the U.S. public health sector
- In February 2020, Agile Therapeutics, Inc. received FDA approval for the sale of Twirla in the U.S.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/5493/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the U.S. contraceptive market on the basis of the product:
U.S. Contraceptive Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Hormonal IUD
- Nonhormonal IUD
- Subdermal Implants
List of Key Players of the U.S. Contraceptive Market
- Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
- Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc
- Veru, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- The Cooper Companies, Inc.
- Mayer Laboratories, Inc.
- Agile Therapeutics
- TherapeuticsMD, Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Afaxys, Inc.
- Mithra Pharmaceuticals
- Blairex Laboratories, Inc.
- Sebela Pharmaceuticals
- Mona Lisa
- Pregna International Ltd.
- Prosan International B.V.
- SMB Corporation Of India
- MELBEA Innovations Ltd.
- DKT International
- OCON Healthcare
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
Dental Lasers Market – The global dental lasers market size was valued at USD 931.8 million in 2018 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.5% by 2026.
Patch Based Wound Healing Products Market – The global patch based wound healing products market size was valued at USD 1.10 billion in 2018 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 4.2% over the forecast period.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States