New York, USA – January 12, 2021 – Recently, BOC Sciences, one of the world’s leading chemical and pharmaceutical raw material suppliers, announced its commitment to provide a new glycan conjugation technology platform.
Glycoconjugates are carbohydrates covalently linked to other biological molecules such as amino acids, proteins, lipids, and other small molecules. Glycoconjugates are produced by adding carbohydrates to proteins or lipids under the control of enzymes. The formation of glycoconjugates starts from the endoplasmic reticulum and ends at the Golgi apparatus. These molecules are ubiquitous in the organs, tissues, cells and body fluids of animals and plants. And they are mainly located on the surface of cells. Therefore, carbohydrate complexes play an important role in determining cell properties, participating in signal transduction in response to external stimuli, and mediating cell-cell interaction and adhesion.
Applications of Glycoconjugates
• Glycoconjugates affect the spatial conception, biological activity, transportation, and localization of proteins.
• Glycoconjugates play an important role in molecular recognition, cell communication, signal transduction and other specific biological processes.
• Glycosylation is an important modification of proteins, which can regulate the function of proteins.
• Glycoconjugates are involved in cell-cell interactions during detoxification, including cell-cell recognition and cell-matrix interactions.
• Glycoconjugates affect the structure, function and pharmacokinetics of monoclonal antibodies.
BOC Sciences provides glycan conjugation services for a variety of substances, including peptides, proteins, and oligonucleotides, etc.
For more information about the new glycan conjugation platform, please visit the website: https://bioconjugation.bocsci.com.
About BOC Sciences
BOC Sciences has been closely involved with drug discovery, chemistry and life science by supplying researchers with a comprehensive collection of chemicals, such as inhibitors, metabolites, impurities and natural compounds. Meanwhile, it also provides a wide range of services including custom synthesis of chemicals, isotope labeling, formulation service, antibody drug conjugates, chiral synthesis and resolution for all stages of drug R&D to support the pharmaceutical industry.