Over four days later this month, beginning on January 26th, experts from around the world will be sharing their expertise on a range of financial topics of interest to American expats at the 2021 Expats Virtual Financial Summit.
If moving abroad is the adventure of a lifetime, it also requires careful financial consideration.
The 2021 Expats Virtual Financial Summit is free to attend. The full list of presentations at the online summit is:
• International Destinations and Opportunities for Americans Abroad, by Jeff Opdyke, Editor of the Savvy Retiree
• US Tax Requirements and Strategies for Americans Overseas, by Katelynn Minott, Managing CPA and Partner at Bright!Tax
• Financial Planning Strategies and Considerations for Americans Living Abroad, by David Kuenzi, CEO at Thun Financial
• Insurance Considerations and Options for Expats, by David Tompkins, President at Expat Financial
• The Benefits of Retiring Abroad, by Dan Prescher, Senior Editor, International Living
• When It Makes Sense for US Expats to Create a Corporation, by Monte Silver, Founding Partner at Silver & Co
• Advocating for a Change from Citizenship to Residence Based Taxation in the US: An Update, by Marylouise Serrato, Executive Director at American Citizens Abroad (ACA)
• Themes for Americans Abroad Investing in 2021, by Brian Dunhill, Founder and CEO at Dunhill Financial.
Introducing the speakers will be London-based American Expat Financial News Journal editor Helen Burggraf.
Helen, who has lived abroad most of her adult life, said even many long-time expats should try to make time to watch at least some of the sessions.
“Especially when it comes to financial issues, even expats who have lived abroad a long time are often unaware of so much, such as investments and retirement planning, insurance and taxes,” she says.
The summit also covers talks on some of the best destinations to live and retire in around the world, and tips for remote-working Digital Nomads who live (or aspire to live) abroad.
The 2021 Expats Virtual Financial Summit is free to attend. You can find out more and book your place at www.expatssummit.com.