Jessup Manufacturing, a global manufacturer specializing in adhesive coated and laminated materials and photoluminescent films and sheets, is highlighting senior citizen slip and fall prevention within the home as more adults age 65 and older are choosing to live on their own instead of at an assisted living facility.
With the cost of aging in place often being less than the alternatives, it has become an increasingly popular option. However, data show that falls in adults over 65 continue to be the leading cause of head injury and broken hips and a single fall with double your risk of falling again. Jessup Manufacturing is focused on working with the 65 and up community to create a safer home environment with proper fall prevention awareness and tools.
Jessup Manufacturing was among the first manufacturers to offer a variety of products dedicated to preventing slip and fall accidents among the senior population. All products are certified “High Traction” by the National Flooring Safety Institute and many contain photoluminescent properties to glow in the dark. Jessup is proud to offer a complete portfolio of slip and fall prevention products.
Top trending materials and products that Jessup Manufacturing is focusing on for senior citizen slip and fall prevention include:
- Fine grade vinyl, antimicrobial non slip bath mat that meet ADA and OSHA requirements
- Photoluminscent path markings that are constantly visible
- Heavy duty anti slip grit tape for wheelchairs and ramps
- Clear anti slip grip tape for discrete applications in bathrooms, kitchens and other living spaces
- Grip tape for stairs in a variety of grit options and colors
For more information about Jessup Manufacturing Non Slip Tapes and Treads and other safety products, visit www.jessupmfg.com