In-depth analysis and data-driven insights on the impact of COVID-19 included in this global data center generator market report.
The global data center generator market is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 4% during the period 2020−2026.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- Emergence of fuel cell generators are expected to reduce the adoption of diesel generators and DRUPS systems by 2025.
- Over 125 hyperscale development identified in 2020, to contribute significantly towards >2 MW generator systems in the markets.
- Increase in power outage due to grid failure will continue to drive demand for efficient generators in the market.
- Over USD 8 billion will be the cumulative investments on generators in the APAC regions, with Southeast Asia and Australia being the major contributor to DRUPS market growth.
- Edge data centers likely to grow the market demand for generators with a capacity of
- Data center operators are involved in the selection of generators that comply with stringent regulations such as carbon tax regulations regarding control over carbon emissions.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2020−2026
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by generator capacities, systems, tier standards, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – 7 key vendors and 14 other vendors
Data Center Generator Market – Segmentation
- Data center facilities in North America are adopting N+1 redundant configuration generators with onsite fuel storage capacity to provide over 48 hours of runtime. The adoption of devices with a power capacity of >2 MW is common. In Western Europe, data center providers are procuring multiple generators with onsite fuel storage.
- The availability of gas and bi-fuel generators is growing among service providers. Gas generators can be installed along with the electricity grid supply to reduce data centers’ electricity consumption. Data centers near natural gas resources install gas systems as they are a sustainable and cost-effective alternative to diesel generators.
- The Uptime Institute has classified and evaluated data center facilities into tiers – I & II, III, and IV based on infrastructural performance, efficiency, redundancy, and high availability. Tier II data centers have minimum redundancy, where it is identified among UPS and PDU systems.
Data Center Generator Market by Capacities
Data Center Generator Market by Systems
- DRUPS Systems
- Diesel/Gas/Bi-Fuel Generators
Data Center Generator Market by Tier Standards
- Tier I & II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
Data Center Generator Market – Dynamics
The increased digitization of the business operational environment through adoption of advanced technologies such as cloud, big data, and IoT has increased the demand for colocation and managed services. Many enterprises operating in the cloud platform are migrating to colocation data centers to operate hybrid infrastructure services. Colocation is the preferred option because it can provide significant savings for enterprises with stringent budgets in building and operating data center facilities. The major benefits of colocation and managed service providers to make data center investments are 50% pre-leased development projects, decrease in CAPEX and OPEX through the addition of energy-efficient infrastructure, procurement of renewable power for data center operations, cloud connectivity, installation of racks with high-power density, tapping edge market opportunities, providing higher bandwidth, and retention of their existing customer base.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Rising Deployment of Edge Data Centers
- Automation & Remote Monitoring Solutions in Generators
- Snowballing Construction of Hyperscale Data Centers
- Increase in Power Outages
Data Center Generator Market – Geography
The Western European data center market witnessed significant investment growth in countries such as the UK, the Netherlands, Germany, France, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Belgium, and Switzerland. Multiple projects are being carried out by colocation, cloud, telecommunication, and internet service providers. Hyperscale data center operators are involved in the rapid expansion of their cloud platform across Western Europe. As the GDPR (Global Data Protection Regulation) came into effect in 2018, it affected the data center market in Western Europe, leading customers to shift data to cloud-based services for data localization. This led to market growth as the number of projects for data centers in the region started increasing.
Data Center Generator Market by Geography
- North America
- Latin America
- Other Latin American Countries
- Western Europe
- Other Western European Countries
- Iceland & Finland
- Central & Eastern Europe
- Russia & Czech Republic
- Poland & Austria
- Other Central and Eastern European Countries
- Middle East
- Other Middle Eastern Countries
- South Africa
- Other African Countries
- China & Hong Kong
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of APAC
- Southeast Asia
- Other South Eastern Countries
Key Company Vendors
- Generac Power Systems
- HITEC Power Protection
- Rolls Royce Power Systems AG
- Yanmar Holdings (HIMOINSA)
Other Prominent Vendors
- Atlas Copco
- Detroit Diesel
- Guangzhou Weineng Electromechanical
- KOEL (Kirloskar Group)
- ONIS VISA
- Piller Power Systems
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States