In-depth analysis and data-driven insights on the impact of COVID-19 included in this global antimicrobial wound dressings market report.
The global antimicrobial wound dressings market is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 6% during the period 2020−2026.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- COVID-19 has negatively impacted the antimicrobial wound closure devices. Majority of the hospitals are occupied with COVID-19 patients and their treatments, there is a huge reduction in number of surgeries performed during the pandemic time this has reduced the usage of antimicrobial wound dressing in the healthcare settings.
- North America accounted for the largest share with more than 35% and the US dominated more than 30% share globally and 88% in the North American region in 2020.
- Chronic wounds dominated the market and is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 6% due to increased target population with chronic wounds worldwide.
- Foam and collagen segment is growing at a faster rate with CAGR of more than 5%, as many upcoming antimicrobial wound dressing products are based on the foam and collagen material.
- Hospitals accounted for the largest share of the market, however specialty wound management clinics are increasing worldwide and they have become one of the largest customers for antimicrobial wound dressing products, this segment is expected to grow at a highest CAGR of approximately 6%.
- There are an increased number of collaborations among the hospitals, long term care centers, and wound care management companies which is increasing the awareness and usage of advanced wound care products including the antimicrobial wound dressing in the market.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2020−2026
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by product, wound type, end-user, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – 5 key vendors and 27 other vendors
Antimicrobial Wound Dressings Market – Segmentation
- Considered an ideal solution to maintain an optimal balance between moisture and bacterial growth, the demand for foam-based dressings is growing worldwide. These dressings are compliant with the existing wound care protocols as they are effective against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, along with fungi and yeast infections.
- The rise in surgical site infections (SSI) is a key factor for the growth of acute wounds. The COVID-19 pandemic has exposed vulnerabilities in healthcare systems across the world and has adversely affected the global market. To reduce the risk of infections among patients and healthcare providers and conserve critical resources such as personal protective equipment (PPE), ventilators, and intensive care beds enacted a temporary ban on elective surgeries for a short period, which limits the usage of advanced wound care products.
- A high percentage of chronic wound patients are turning to hospitals for treatment as they are equipped with the latest machines and technology for diagnosing, treating, and healing wound conditions. All high-risk diabetic foot cases requiring intensive care services and major amputations take place in hospitals.
Antimicrobial Wound Dressings Market by Product
Antimicrobial Wound Dressings Market by Wound Type
Antimicrobial Wound Dressings Market by End-user
- Specialty Wound Management Facilities
- Long-term Care Facilities
- Home Healthcare Settings
Antimicrobial Wound Dressings Market – Dynamics
The need for developing new generation antimicrobial agents rises due to the existence of drug-resistance pathogens and emerging problems of microbial infections. The infections with the antibiotic-resistant pathogen are not only difficult to treat but also involve prolonged debility for the patients and expensive healthcare. Chitosan may be one of the most important biopolymers that can be used to produce wound dressings that not only accelerate the wound healing process but also prevent infection of the wound, a necessary step in the wound healing process in the future. Multiple types of research are being conducted worldwide to combat bacterial wound infections. One such research from Biointerfaces lab has developed a cellulose membrane equipped with antimicrobial peptides. This skin-friendly membrane made of plant-based material kills bacteria to achieve an antibacterial effect. The researchers designed multifunctional peptides which, can bind to cellulose fibers and exhibit antimicrobial activity.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Increased Role of Wound Care Management Companies in Hospitals
- Telemedicine Changing Wound Care Dynamics During COVID-19
- Increased Prevalence of Acute & Chronic Injuries & Wound Infections
- Technological Advances & Product launches
Antimicrobial Wound Dressings Market – Geography
North America is one of the most competitive markets for antimicrobial dressing products and is the main revenue contributor to vendors. This is due to multiple factors such as a larger target population, increased awareness of the availability of advanced products, and affordability through reimbursement or insurance options in the country. The region has more than 6.5 million people with chronic wounds that require ongoing care. The adoption of advanced antimicrobial wound care dressing products is high compared with other regions. The major revenue contributor to the markets in North America is the US and Canada. The US accounts for a major share of the region, with developed healthcare infrastructure in the country. This is due to the increased target population. For instance, an increase in the diabetic population, with more than 100 million people and an expansion in the elderly population of more than 55 million in 2020, contribute to the use of antimicrobial wound dressings.
Antimicrobial Wound Dressings Market by Geography
- North America
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Mölnlycke Health Care
Other Prominent Vendors
- Argentum Medical
- Aspen Surgical
- Axio Biosolutions
- B.Braun Melsungen
- BSN Medical
- Covalon Technologies
- Cardinal Health
- DeRoyal Industries
- Ferris Mfg
- GEMCO Medical
- Paul Hartmann
- Integra Lifesciences
- Lohmann & Rauscher (L&R)
- Safe n’ Simple
- South West Technologies
- URGO MEDICAL
- TRIAGE MEDITECH
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States