Glass has good transmission and light transmission properties, high chemical stability, and can obtain strong mechanical strength and thermal insulation effect according to different processing methods, and can even make the glass autonomously change color and isolate excessive light, so It is often used in all walks of life to meet different needs. Next, please come to understand why glass bottles are commonly used for beverages, and the raw materials and manufacturing methods of glass packaging bottles to enhance understanding.
Why glass bottles are often used for beverages？
1. The glass material has good barrier properties, which can prevent oxygen and other gases from attacking the contents, and at the same time prevent the volatile components of the contents from volatilizing into the atmosphere;
2. The glass bottle can be used repeatedly, which can reduce the packaging cost;
3. The color and transparency of glass can be changed easily;
4. The glass bottle is safe and hygienic, has good corrosion resistance and acid corrosion resistance, and is suitable for packaging acidic substances (such as vegetable juice drinks, etc.);
5. In addition, because glass bottles are suitable for the production of automatic filling production lines, the development of domestic glass bottle automatic filling technology and equipment is relatively mature, and the use of glass bottles to package fruit and vegetable juice beverages has certain production advantages in China.
Raw materials and manufacturing method of glass packaging bottle
First of all, one needs to design and manufacture the mold. The main raw material of glass is quartz sand, and other auxiliary materials dissolve into liquid at high temperature. Then they are injected into the mold, cooled, incised and tempered to form the glass bottle. China Reagent Glass Bottle generally have rigid marks, which are also made of mold shape. According to the production method, glass bottle molding can be divided into manual blowing, mechanical blowing and extrusion molding. Glass bottles can be divided into the following types according to the composition: sodium glass, lead glass and borosilicate glass.
The main raw materials of glass bottle are natural ore, quartzite, caustic soda, limestone, etc. The glass bottle has high transparency and corrosion resistance, and the material properties will not change when contacting with most chemicals. Its manufacturing process is simple, modeling is free and changeable, hardness is large, heat-resistant, clean, easy to clean, and can be used repeatedly. As packaging materials, glass bottles are widely used in food, oil, wine, beverage, condiment, cosmetics and liquid chemical products. But the glass bottle also has its disadvantages, such as heavy weight, high transportation and storage costs, not resistant to impact and so on.