Over the years, research has proven music to be more than just a sweet sound to the ears. Several studies conducted across the world have shown that music and music therapy can have several types of health benefits. Here are some health benefits that music and music therapy provide. All the information provided here has been backed by research.
- A 2016 Meta-analysis study of 90+ studies report that music can alleviate both chronic and acute pain. Music therapy can medication can help patients manage their pain better.
- Music can affect the level of cortisol present in the body and thereby reduce stress and anxiety and improve mood.
- The thoughts of undergoing surgery can be very traumatizing for patients. But listening to music before surgery can reduce the anxiety patients feel before going in for surgery.
- Patients who receive music therapy after a stroke feel less anxious about their condition than those who don’t receive music therapy.
- Music therapy can improve the mood of patients with brain injury and help them interact better socially.
- Music therapy can reduce the intensity of Alzheimer‘s disease symptoms like hallucinations, paranoia, anxiety, and aggressiveness.
There is no doubt that music has the ability to heal the human body, improve one’s well-being and mental health. A study about the science and research behind the health benefits of music talks more about this. So does all this mean that one can do without medications and simply rely on music to heal? That depends on the medical condition a person suffers from. If a person require surgery, he or she will still need the surgery, but if a person could experience less anxiety about the surgery. However, if one suffers from chronic pain, music therapy could help that person manage their pain with a lower dose of pain medication.
Is there any particular music that promotes healing? Which type of music can help heal? Sharpens provides the most up-to-date information on everything related to music.
Whether it is about how to soundproof a room, which musical instrument is best for an individual, or which are the best tunes to listen to in 2021 – Sharpens is dedicated to providing everyone with all music-related information. Sharpens’ categories include How To, Knowledge, Playlists, and Reviews.
Company Name: Sharpens
Contact Person: Jeremy Cooper
Email: Send Email
Phone: (818) 247-3166
Address:520 E Broadway Ste 302
State: CA 91205
Country: United States