Market Size – USD 12.95 billion in 2019, Market Growth – CAGR of 6.3%, Market Trends – Rising applications of hot melt adhesives across numerous end-use industries
The global Hot Melt Adhesives Market is expected to be valued at USD 21.41 Billion in 2027 from USD 12.95 billion in 2019, registering a CAGR of 6.3% through the forecast period. Hot melt adhesives are thermoplastic resins that liquefy on being heated and, when cooled, harden and stick to substrates, such as foams, fabrics, corrugated cardboard, particle boards, plastics, and light-gauge metals. These adhesives are generally applied in the liquid state, and with their superior bonding capacity, they speed up the packaging process. Hence, the packaging industry is among the largest end-users of hot melt adhesives due to their robust strength, enhanced durability, and low processing costs. These adhesives are as strong as sealing tapes or mechanical fasteners, and their invisibility helps enhance the aesthetic value of the finished product. Apart from the packaging sector, the textiles industry also uses these adhesives for bonding fusible interlinings, fabric lamination, seam and hem sealing, and several other applications.
Revenue from the global hot melt adhesives market is projected to register a high growth rate over the forecast period. The rising applications of hot melt adhesives across the packaging, textiles, and furniture industries, the extensive usage in the automotive sector, and increasing applications in high-technology industrial machinery and equipment are the most fundamental factors inducing the global market growth. The packaging industry significantly requires advanced adhesive solutions like hot melt adhesives, which are characterized by their exceptional strength and stability, low VOC emissions, and suitability for product storage and transportation. These are widely used for pallet stabilization and the closing and sealing of cartons and corrugated boxes. Furthermore, the soaring demand for bio-based and environment-friendly hot melt adhesives creates ample opportunities for global market growth in the near future.
Request free sample of this research report at : https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1053
Key findings of the report:
· Based on resin type, the ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) sub-segment leads the global hot melt adhesives market in terms of revenue share. Ethylene vinyl acetate is extensively used in the packaging and furniture sectors for its versatility, high durability, and superior adhesion properties. The styrene block copolymer (SBC) sub-segment is projected to record the fastest growth rate over the estimated period. SBCs find significant application in the manufacture of pressure-sensitive products, such as tapes, graphics, labels, etc., which are widely utilized as packaging solutions.
· The North American region is foreseen to be the leading regional market for hot melt adhesives, registering a steady CAGR of 6.4% over the forecast timeline. The consistently growing packaging and textiles sectors in the region, rising demand for packaged foods like snacks and frozen foods, amplifying need for eco-friendly and disposable adhesives, and the growing usage in the construction sector, mainly for wall and floor coverings, are the primary factors fueling the North America hot melt adhesives market growth.
· Key market players include 3M, Jowat SE, Beardow Adams, Avery Dennison, Helmitin Adhesives, Daubert Chemical, and Henkel AG.
· In 2020, Bostik, a leading manufacturer of adhesives & sealants, introduced a new, technologically advanced, hot melt adhesive, under the brand Kizen™, for cardboard packaging. The latest packaging solution is based on water-white technology that provides the adhesive product with a powerful bonding capacity.
For the purpose of this study, the global hot melt adhesives market has been segmented on the basis of resin type, application, and region:
By Resin Type (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Styrene Block Copolymers (SBC)
- Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA)
- Amorphous Polyalphaolefins (APAO)
- Metallocene Polyolefin (MPO)
- Water-dispersible polymer
By Application (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Packaging Solutions
- Non-woven Hygienic Products
- Furniture & Woodwork
By Region (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- North America
• Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
• South Korea
• Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
• Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• Rest of Middle East & Africa
Table Of Content:
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technique
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2018-2027
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
3.1. Macro Indicators
3.1.1. Global packaging industry By Resin Type
3.1.2. Global contributors to Volatile Organic compounds
3.1.3. Price Trend of Resins
Chapter 4. Hot Melt Adhesives Market Segmentation & Impact Analysis
4.1. Hot Melt Adhesives Segmentation Analysis
4.2. Industrial Outlook
4.3. Regulatory Framework
4.4. Hot Melt Adhesives Market Impact Analysis
Hot Melt Adhesives Market Size and Growth Analysis By Resin Type (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA), Styrenic Block Copolymers (SBC), Metallocene Polyolefin (MPO), Amorphous Polyalphaolefins (APAO), Polyolefins, Hydrocarbon, Rosin, Water-dispersible polymer, Polyamides, Polyurethane and Others), By Application (Packaging Solutions, Non-woven Hygienic Products, Furniture & Woodwork, Bookbinding and Others) And Segment Forecasts, 2017 To 2027, To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/hot-melt-adhesives-market
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States