North Vancouver, BC, Canada – February 16, 2021 – Mushrooms and fungi have played a significant role in health and medical breakthroughs, from ancient folk remedies in Asia to the discovery of the antibiotic penicillin in 1928. Qi Traditions, a producer of medicinal mushroom extracts in British Columbia, interviewed 15 renowned doctors and scientists about their top recommended mushrooms for healthy living.
“Some species of mushrooms have been used alongside cancer therapies in Traditional Chinese and Japanese Medicine,” states Dr. Rhea Mehta, who researches psychedelic mushrooms for medicine. “These mushrooms, along with others, are also being studied in the West. The healing qualities of these mushrooms are said to come from their immune system boosting effects.”
In the interview, the doctors chose top ten mushrooms that carry notable natural health benefits. Some of them are psychedelic mushrooms that are currently being researched by scientists for their potential therapeutic benefits to treat health conditions. Others are common varieties typically seen at grocery stores.
“Shiitake and Maitake mushrooms are uniquely beneficial for immune health,” remarked Linda Strause, PhD at Ei.Ventures. She stated that these certain species “have been used in traditional medicine to stimulate the immune system, lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels, and treat infections.”
The experts who participated in the interview with Qi Traditions were:
- Dr. Jackie von Salm, PhD Chemistry/Philosophy, award-winning inventor and researcher at Psilera Bioscience team.
- Dr. Rhea Mehta, PhD Molecular Toxicology and Nutritional Biochemistry and researcher of psychedelic mushrooms at Diamond Therapeutics.
- Dr. Jenelle Kim, DACM, Lac founder and lead formulator for JBK Wellness Labs.
- Dr. Linda Strause, PhD, Medical and Scientific Advisory Board/Consultant with Ei. Ventures.
- Dr. Olga Chennoloz, PhD Neuroscience, pharmacist and neuropharmacologist at Wake.net.
- Dr. Josh Axe, founder of DrAxe.com, DNM, CNS, author of Ancient Remedies, and co-founder of Ancient Nutrition.
- Dr. Steve Gundry, MD, medical director at The International Heart and Lung Institute Center for Restorative Medicine.
- Dr. Ilene Ruhoy, MD, PhD, neurologist and founder of the Center for Healing Neurology, Gut Council Member for Jetson.
- Dr. Gan Eng Cern, Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT) surgeon.
- Chef Abbie Gellman, MSc, RD, member of the Science Advisory Board for Jenny Craig.
- Mallory Schillinger, agroecologist at Inner Wisdom Balance.
- Morgyn Clair, MSc, RD, weight management and nutrition counselling specialist at Sprint Kitchen.
- Bansari Acharya MSc, RDN, at Foodlove.com
- Dr. Lina Velikova, MD, PhD, immunology expert, and medical advisor at Supplement101.com
- Alicia Galvin, RD, MEd, resident dietician at Sovereign Laboratories.
To see more information on the mushrooms recommended in the interview, go to the FULL REPORT here.
About Qi Traditions:
Qi Traditions provides premium medicinal mushrooms to consumers around the world, including free shipping options in North America. Founded by Chester Ku-Lea, the family company is founded on generations of traditional Chinese medicine backed by thoroughly researched products. They are ISO 17025 certified. Visit https://QiTraditions.com for more information.
Company Name: Qi Traditions
Contact Person: Mark Morshed
Email: Send Email
Phone: (833) 668-0068
Address:2030 Marine Drive
City: North Vancouver
State: BC V7P 1V7