Rapid industrialization and the growing awareness for air and water purification are the drivers for the growth of the market.
Market Size – USD 2.32 Billion in 2019, Market Growth – CAGR of 11.2%, Market Trends – High demand from self-cleaning applications.
The global Photocatalyst market is forecast to reach USD 5.23 Billion by 2027, according to a new report by Reports and Data. The growing demand for Photocatalysts as a self-cleaning material in the construction industry due to their low maintenance cost is expected to stimulate growth.
Currently, the industry is in its infancy, with few manufacturers. Japan is expected to lead the industry due to the rapid adoption of technology. Besides, the high R&D investments linked to the product, coupled with several patents by Japanese researchers, are key factors contributing to the steady growth. The industry was dominated by TiO2 (Titanium dioxide) Photocatalysts due to early research on this product. However, manufacturing sector initiatives to develop innovative Photocatalyst materials using zinc oxide (ZnO) and cadmium sulfide (CdS) are likely to replace the existing material and result in the market growth over the forecast period.
The product can break down organic compounds, making them suitable for air purification and water treatment applications. Also, in building and construction, technology, thanks to its self-cleaning mechanism, acts as a barrier against dust and stains, which should propel growth over the next eight years. A high initial investment in commercial Photocatalyst manufacturing coupled with proprietary technology over existing technology by manufacturers and researchers, should be the main barriers for new entrants. However, a vast scope in R&D for the development of innovative technologies should force new players to invest in the business.
The COVID-19 impact:
Increasing consumer needs for air and water purification due to growing awareness towards hygiene because of COVID-19 are going to propel demand soon. But supply chain disruptions and production shutdowns have resulted in a downgraded outlook for the Self-Cleaning in the construction industry segment, which is a significant market for Photocatalyst application, which will have short-term impacts on market sales that could have lasting effects. While the industry expects things to return to near normal state well before the end of 2020, negative demand shock caused by the crisis is likely to last.
Get a FREE Report Sample with Table of Contents and Figures: @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/3180
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Titanium dioxide has accounted for over 47.2% of world demand as the compound is inexpensive and has high chemical stability due to which it is a preferred material as a Photocatalyst in several application industries.
- The self-cleaning application has dominated the Photocatalyst market and is expected to be the fastest-growing application, accounting for 57.5% of total demand in 2019 due to its superior property, including the removal of unwanted plants.
- Demand in Europe was estimated at USD 0.37 billion in 2019 and is anticipated to witness significant growth over the forecast period due to the economic recovery and growth of the building and construction sector in the region.
- Europe is a large consumer of Photocatalysts. Latin America and the Middle East and Africa are relatively secondary markets; however, these regions offer lucrative opportunities in the Photocatalyst market.
- Photocatalysts, including zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, can provide security against air pollutants such as formaldehyde, VOCs, microbes, and ammonia. Besides, the applications of these Photocatalysts are available for components such as air filters, air conditioning, and ventilation.
- Key participants include TOTO Corporation, JSR Corporation, Showa Denko K.K., Kronos Worldwide, Inc., Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha, Ltd., BASF SE, CRISTAL, Green Millennium, Nanoptek Corp., and TiPE, among others.
Photocatalyst Market By Type, By Form , And By Application, Forecasts To 2027, To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: @https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/Photocatalyst-market
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented into the global Photocatalyst market on the basis of Type, Form, Application, and Region:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Titanium Oxide
- Zinc Oxide
- Tin Oxide
- Cerium Oxide
Form Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Air Purification
- Water Purification
Order Now: @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/checkout-form/3180
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Table of Content:
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technique
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2019-2027
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
Chapter 4. Photocatalyst Market Segmentation & Impact Analysis
4.1. Photocatalyst Market Material Segmentation Analysis
4.2. Industrial Outlook
4.2.1. Market Indicators Analysis
4.2.2. Market Drivers Analysis
22.214.171.124. Growing Demand for Photocatalysts in Air and Water Purification
126.96.36.199. Increasing Usage in Self Cleaning Applications
4.2.3. Market Restraints Analysis
188.8.131.52. High Setup Costs
4.3. Technological Insights
4.4. Regulatory Framework
4.5. ETOP Analysis
4.6. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.7. Competitive Metric Space Analysis
4.8. Price trend Analysis
4.9. Customer Mapping
4.10. Covid-19 Impact Analysis
4.11. Global Recession Influence
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States