According to a report, “Migraine Drugs Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Therapeutic Class (Triptans, CGRP-based Therapies, Ditans, Neurotoxins, NSAIDs), By Treatment, By Route Of Administration, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025”, Increased uptake of novel drug classes, the launch of Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP)-based therapies, and high unmet needs are some of the key factors driving the market growth.
Migraine is a commonly occurring disease in various population and mainly characterized by severe headache. The condition primarily lasts for several days purely driven by symptoms and frequency. For instance, a migraine episode can occur consecutively in a certain week for certain patient type while in common patients it can occur very occasionally.
Majority of the drugs currently available are approved for the acute form of the condition, led by generic triptans as the first-line treatment. The market is witnessing a shift in terms of strong R&D with the introduction of CGRP-based therapies and uptake of novel drug classes such as ditans, gepants, and reformulation of triptans for both chronic and episodic migraine.
Migraine Drugs Market Report Suggest:
• Germany leads the European market, driven by rising disease prevalence, novel drug launches, and an increase in R&D activities
● The acute migraine treatment market will be supported by the rapid uptake of novel drug classes such as CGRP receptor antagonists and ditans currently under active investigation in multiple Phase II/III trials
● Biohaven’s rimegepant is expected to face competition from Allergan’s ubrogepant, which has shown superior efficacy in Phase III trials compared to rimegepant
● Eli Lilly’s Phase III 5-HT1F receptor agonist Lasmiditan is expected to be a novel first-line non triptan acute treatment option for patients in whom triptans are contradicted
● Approximately 20% of patients seeking preventive treatment for migraine do not respond to available generic medications. Several biologics and small molecules drugs are undergoing active development to target high unmet needs in the preventive treatment segment
● Drugs with novel targets in early-phase development include AOBiome Therapeutics’ AOB-203 (antibacterial), Winston Pharma’s Dolorac (histamine H1 receptor antagonists), NeuroAxons’ NXN-188 (a combination of NOS inhibitor and a triptan), and Biohaven’s BHV-3500 (gepant). These novel agents are under evaluation for both episodic and chronic migraine in multiple Phase I/II trials.
“Would you Like/Try a Sample Report” Click the link below: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/migraine-drugs-market/request/rs1
Migraine Drugs Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global migraine drugs market based on treatment, therapeutic class, route of administration, and country:
Migraine Drugs Treatment Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2025)
• Acute / Abortive Treatment
• Preventive/ Prophylactic Treatment
Migraine Drugs Therapeutic Class Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2025)
• Acetylcholine Inhibitors
• Ergot Alkaloids
• CGRP small molecule antagonists
• CGRP monoclonal antibodies
Migraine Drugs Route of Administration Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2025)
Migraine Drugs Country Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2025)
• The U.S
• The U.K.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/5308/ibb
Browse Related Report @
Medical Marijuana Market– The global medical marijuana market size was valued at USD 11.4 billion in 2015 and is projected to grow with CAGR of 17.1% during the forecast period.
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Navigate with Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research is a market research and consulting company based in the State of California with headquarters in San Francisco. The company offers consulting services tailored for business organizations to assist them with understanding and exploring their potential on a large scale. At the same time, Grand View Research caters to the individual research needs to provide a customized research service.
Grand View Research is fully committed to offer the best research services in the Industry. Our dedicated team of experienced analysts offer full capability and potential to precisely understand your research needs.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States