The World Health Organization (WHO) announced the H5N8 strain of avian influenza.The World Health Organization (WHO) on Monday received reports from Russia of 7 cases of H5N8 avian influenza (H5N8) in human clinical samples. The cases are between 29 and 60 years old. Five of the cases are female, all asymptomatic, and close contacts have not shown any obvious clinical symptoms. The H5N8 avian influenza virus has also been detected in poultry and wild birds in Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Egypt, Germany, Hungary, Iraq, Japan, Kazakhstan, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania, the United Kingdom and Russia in 2020.
What prevention measures are recommended at farm level?
It is essential for poultry farmers to maintain biosecurity practices to prevent the introduction of the virus. Some of these measures include:
· Prevent contact between poultry and wild birds
· Minimise movements around poultry enclosures
· Maintain strict control over access to flocks by vehicles, people and equipment
· Clean and disinfect animal housing and equipment
· Avoid the introduction of birds of unknown disease status
· Report any suspicious case (dead or alive) to the veterinary authorities
· Ensure appropriate disposal of manure, litter and dead animals
· Vaccinate animals, where appropriate
The most effective processing method of the infected birds and dead animals is rendering plant. Sensitar poultryl waste rendering plant can help with the treatment of the infected birds and prevent from the spreading Avian Influenza. It is environmental, high-efficiency, sterilized.
The standard poultry waste rendering plant production line is consist of raw material bin, crusher, Batch cooker, Oil press, Condenser, Air treatment system, Hammer mill, Packaging machine and Conveyors. All the machine can be equipped by customers’ requirement, a complete production line or a simple one just depend on all customers’ choice.