PTFE Convoluted Hose (also called PTFE corrugated hose), the full name is polytetrafluoroethylene hose, is composed of convoluted PTFE tube liner and single or double stainless steel outer braid. Due to the characteristics of its geometric shape, the hose can realize the axial length change of the Convoluted hose under the action of pressure, axial force, lateral force, and bending moment. The length of the Convoluted hose is extended under the action of tensile force; the length of the Convoluted hose is shortened under the action of compression force. The length or bendable amount of the Convoluted hose is determined by factors such as the value and direction of the force and the performance parameters of the Convoluted hose. The difference between it and the smooth tube is that in addition to a certain strength and rigidity, it also has greater flexibility and high fatigue resistance. These properties make the hose have a very wide range of applications.
PTFE Convoluted hoses are made by inflating technology. The ptfe hose manufacturer – Besteflon put the hose in a mold for heating. When it is heated to a certain temperature, a certain internal pressure is given in the hose to expand the hose laterally (inflate), and then it is made by cooling and shaping. The Convoluted hose is thus completed.
The main feature of the PTFE Convoluted hose is that it has greater flexibility and bendability, and its small bending radius increases with the increase of the hose diameter. This Convoluted hose has the inherent properties of PTFE and also has high flexibility and elasticity. According to the corrugated shape, there are three types: V type, U type, and Ω type. As the connector of the corrosion-resistant pipeline, it plays a role in absorbing the change in the length of the pipeline caused by thermal expansion and contraction and has the role of staggered connection of the rigid and brittle pipeline. In order to improve performance, the Convoluted hose can also be reinforced with metal rings, metal sleeves, rubber, etc. The convoluted inner tube is made of 100% PTFE resin, which is rotated into a spiral corrugated hose, which is used as a wire protection tube and transporting corrosive liquid media. At present, most Convoluted hoses in the market are made of PE or PVC materials, which are far less resistant to temperature and corrosion than PTFE. In addition, PTFE convoluted hose also has excellent corrosion resistance, high flexibility and elasticity, excellent dielectric properties, and aging resistance, and long service life.
1. Atmospheric aging resistance, radiation resistance, and low permeability: long-term exposure to the atmosphere, the surface and performance remain unchanged.
2. Non-combustibility: The oxygen limit index is below 90.
3. Acid and alkali resistance: insoluble in strong acids, strong alkalis, and organic solvents.
4. Oxidation resistance: resistant to corrosion by strong oxidants
There are many ways to connect the convoluted hose. Generally, flange connection, oil-free connection, threaded connection, quick coupling, and direct connection with hose fittings can be used and fixed by hose clamp or metal wire. The ptfe hose supplier – Besteflon factory can also provide corresponding connection methods according to the user’s requirements.
Ptfe braided hose with DN10-150mm and length 20-20000mm can be provided, the wall thickness standard is 1.5mm-2.2m, and the number of fatigue cycles is ≥100,000. The specific specifications and technical parameters of the convoluted hose supplied can be made according to customer requirements.
1. It has high-temperature resistance and low-temperature resistance. Its maximum temperature can reach 250℃, and its minimum temperature can be reduced to -65℃.
2. It has the characteristics of corrosion resistance and can withstand the action of all strong acids (including aqua regia), strong oxidants, reducing agents and various organic solvents except molten alkali metals, fluorinated media, and sodium hydroxide above 300°C. It can be used in strong acid and alkali pipelines.
3. It has the effect of anti-aging, atmospheric aging resistance, radiation resistance and low permeability. Long-term exposure to the atmosphere, the surface and performance remain unchanged, the service life.
4. It is non-toxic and safe, and can be used for the transportation of various liquids.
5. Non-combustibility: The oxygen limit index is below 90.
6. It has high flexibility and elasticity.
7. PTFE bellows can also be used for the metal ring, metal sleeve, rubber and other reinforcement.
8. It can be used to connect the staggered connection of rigid and fragile pipelines
1. It can be used as a tubular reactor and exchanger in special occasions;
2. It can be used as the feeding and discharging pipe of tank truck, storage tank, container and reaction kettle;
3. It can be used to replace graphite, ceramic, glass and other pipes with lower mechanical strength;
4. It can be used for hose misalignment connection or used to balance hose displacement and dimensional changes caused by weather or other reasons or to eliminate high-frequency mechanical vibration.