The global Insulin Market is forecast to reach USD 35.74 Billion by 2027, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Insulin therapy is used for the treatment of patients with all types of diabetes.
The need for insulin therapy depends upon the balance between insulin resistance and insulin secretion. Patients with type 1 diabetes require insulin treatment permanently unless they receive a whole organ pancreas transplant or an islet. Type 2 diabetes patients require insulin as their beta-cell function lowers over time.
Diabetes and its complications, societal costs, and deaths have a huge and rapidly growing impact across the globe. In 2019: approximate 463 million adults (20-79 years) were living with diabetes and by 2045 this is expected to rise to 700 million. A growing number of diabetic patients are propelling the demand for insulin.
The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to witness an increasing demand in the forecast period owing to growing awareness pertaining to medical treatments and care, rising health care sector, and an increase in R&D activities. Further, a rapid increase in the diabetic population and increasing adoption of insulin administration are driving the market demand in the region.
Key participants include Novo Nordisk A/S, Sanofi, Eli Lily and Company, ADOCIA, Julphar, Pfizer, Inc., Oramed Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Merck & Co., Inc., and GlaxoSmithKline Plc, among others.
To Get Sample Copy of Report visit @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2338
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented into the global Insulin Market on the basis of product type, diseases, delivery devices, end-users, and region:
Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2016-2027)
- Basal or Long-Acting Insulin
- Bolus or Fast-Acting Insulin
- Traditional Human Insulin
- Combination Insulin
- Biosimilar Insulin
Diseases Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2016-2027)
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Gestational Diabetes
Delivery Devices Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2016-2027)
End-Users Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2016-2027)
- Home healthcare
- Over the counter (OTC)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2016-2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Further key findings from the report suggest
- The reason healthcare providers prescribe care users medications that can be injected with the help of an insulin pen is, the patient can inject the medicine himself/herself. The ability of care users to take medicine on their own and incorporate it in-home healthcare results in enhanced care user’s adherence to care regimes that improve their quality of life and minimizes healthcare costs.
- An insulin pump is a delivery device that pushes small, steady doses of rapid-acting insulin into a thin tube and is inserted underneath the patient’s skin. There are several different kinds of insulin pumps available. These dosages are delivered repeatedly throughout the day.
- Biosimilar insulins are a biological copy of an original insulin, and there is an increasing interest in developing and using them. These insulins are cheaper than original products, so they present the NHS with opportunities around availability and cost of care. However, there is a lack of awareness among healthcare professionals and people with diabetes about their use.
- People with type 2 diabetes are able to manage their blood glucose levels with oral medication and lifestyle changes. However, if these treatments don’t help in controlling their level of glucose, people with the condition are also given shots of insulin to help control their blood glucose levels.
- North America holds the largest share as of 2018 because of an increasing incidence of diabetes in the region. Government initiatives to spread awareness about the product along with a favorable funding from many private players are leading the market growth.
Table of Content:
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technique
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2018-2027
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
Chapter 4. Insulin Market Segmentation & Impact Analysis
4.1. Insulin Market Material Segmentation Analysis
4.2. Industrial Outlook
4.2.1. Market indicators analysis
4.2.2. Market drivers analysis
188.8.131.52. Growing prevalence of Insulin
184.108.40.206. Increasing awareness among people towards Insulin
220.127.116.11. Advancement in technology
4.2.3. Market restraints analysis
18.104.22.168. Uneven pricing and limited access
4.3. Technological Insights
To get a detailed Table of Content, Visit Here @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/insulin-market/toc
Thank you for reading our report. For further details or to inquire about customization, please let us know and we will offer you the report as per your needs.
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States