Rising Health-Consciousness Among Consumers and High Protein Profile of Pulse Ingredient Flours are key factors contributing to high CAGR during the forecast period.
Market Size – USD 16.4 billion in 2018, Market Growth – CAGR of 5.4%, Market Trends – Growing Consumer Preference for Vegetarian and Vegan Diets
According to the current analysis of Reports and Data, the global Pulse ingredients market was valued at USD 16.4 billion in 2018 and is expected to reach USD 24.9 billion by the year 2026, at a CAGR of 5.4%. Pulse ingredients are the annual crops that yield between one and 12 grains. The term “pulses” is limited to crops harvested solely as dry grains, which segregates them from other vegetable crops which are harvested while still green. They are nutritious, healthy, and easy to cook with. Farming of these legumes also promotes sustainable agriculture, as they help decrease greenhouse gases, increase soil health, and use less water than other crops.
Pulse ingredients have a range of health benefits ranging from risk reduction of cardiovascular disease to fat reduction application. They have a nutty flavor with a texture that is suitable for bakery and extruded snacks manufacturing. Their high amino acid profile also enables producers to use a health claim in the final product. Food products produced using any type of flour ingredient have shown excellent food quality and wider consumer acceptance. However, the high percentage of these products as formulating ingredients may lead to sensory issues in certain food products.
Key participants include Ingredion, Roquette Frères, Emsland Group, Archer Daniels Midland, The Scoular Company, AGT Food and Ingredients, Anchor Ingredients, Batory Foods, Diefenbaker Spice & Pulse and Best Cooking Pulses. Current food and beverage companies are shifting to protect and improve their positions in the market, both through internally driven product development and invention and inorganic development through the procurement of the new disruptor brands and products.
To Get Sample Copy of Report visit @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2408
Although pulse ingredients are of high importance in a number of applications in the food industry, there is still a need to improve the quality of these ingredients in relation to their flavor profile. There are some general principles regarding the dominating type of off-flavors present in pulse ingredients. For instance, while the most important off-flavor compounds in these legumes mainly originate from oxidation of unsaturated fatty acids, the oxidative products generated are also dependent on the type of LOX present (specificity and activity). Furthermore, off-flavor compounds such as, phenolic compounds and saponins that are present in these legumes are observed to be more variety-specific or are reported to vary owing to differences in environmental conditions.
The pulse ingredients market in Asia Pacific is driven by urbanization, the increase in disposable incomes, and expansion of the food & beverage industry. This region is backed by major revenue generating countries such as India and China. These countries have a huge population base coupled with the growth of middle-class population that are opting for food products with health benefits due to the growing adaption of urbanized lifestyle. India is one of the main countries that consumes these flours due to its high-protein content. Moreover, favorable macroeconomic indicators are promising a boost in market growth. Moreover, consumers in the region are shifting towards these flours from conventional rice and wheat flours.
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the Pulse ingredients market on the basis of type, source, function, application, and region:
Type (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026, Volume, Million Tons; 2016-2026)
- Pulse Flours
- Pulse Starches
- Pulse Proteins
- Pulse Fibers & Grits
Source (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026, Volume, Million Tons; 2016-2026)
Function (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026, Volume, Million Tons; 2016-2026)
- Film Forming
Application (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026, Volume, Million Tons; 2016-2026)
- Food & Beverages
- Meal & Meal Centers
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Soups, Sauces, and Seasoning
- Processed Fish, Meat, and Egg Products
- Bakery & Confectionery Products
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026, Volume, Million Tons; 2016-2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Pulses ingredients, including flours and proteins, can be used to add protein and fiber to baked goods—including bread, cookies, and crackers—and can be used to replace egg whites in pasta. Furthermore, pulse ingredients provide many nutritional and labeling benefits, have clean flavor and versatile functions, and can be used in a range of applications.
- Pea protein is highly used in pet food. It is used in formulations at 20-30% level as the highly nutritious protein as a rich source of lysine, arginine and glutamic acid amino acids. These amino acids are critical for active pets to rebuild muscle tissues. The use of pea proteins helps formulators replace meat ingredients while allowing meat the first ingredient in the label.
- New product lines by the companies and health-driven solutions are driving market growth. In March 2019, Archer Daniels Midland Company introduced a product line of consistent, high quality, and high performing organic flours, and the company will make use of pulse ingredients and wheat sources for producing these.
- Pulse ingredients are higher in protein than most plant foods, as it contains approximately twice the amount of protein found in cereal grains. They are rich in the amino acid lysine but are limiting in the sulfur-containing amino acids methionine, cysteine, and cystine, thereby complementing the amino acid patterns found in cereals. The dietary pulse ingredients to the cereal ratio for optimum protein quality is approximately 1:2…Continued
Table of Content:
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technique
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2018 – 2026
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
Chapter 4. Pulse ingredients Segmentation & Impact Analysis
4.1. Pulse ingredients Segmentation Analysis
4.2. Pulse ingredients Market Impact Analysis
4.2.1. Market driver analysis
184.108.40.206. High Protein Profile of Pulse Flours
220.127.116.11. Rising Health-Consciousness Among Consumers
18.104.22.168. Increasing Demand for Pulse Starch in Various Food and Industrial Applications
4.2.2. Market restraint analysis
22.214.171.124. Stringent International Quality Standards and Regulations
126.96.36.199. Unpleasant Flavor of Pulses
To get a detailed Table of Content, Visit Here @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/pulse-ingredients-market/toc
Thank you for reading our report. Customization of this report is available according to the requirement of the clients. For further query or information regarding this report, please get in touch with us and team will ensure your doubts are cleared.
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States