The global oral syringes market size is expected to reach USD 868.6 million by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The industry is poised to advance at a CAGR of 4.2% over the forecast period. Oral syringes can be utilized to administer any medication available as a capsule or tablet, in the oral liquid form. The ability to deliver an accurate amount of medication, increase in the pediatric and geriatric surgeries globally, and the ease of use involved with oral syringes are some factors expected to propel market growth over the forecast period. Furthermore, recent developments and innovations in design by manufacturers, coinciding with an increase in the demand, are expected to contribute substantially to industry advancement. In addition, rise in birth rates globally, minimum regulations involved for consumable devices, and easy usability of the dispensers are other enablers of the industry growth.
A rise in the instances of medication errors in the pediatric population has also increased the demand for oral syringes around the world. According to an article published in the U.S. Pharmacist in 2019, the U.S. poison control centers witness approximately 200,000 medication errors every year, with about 30.0% of the cases being related to children. Unlike most drugs for adults, children’s medications are often liquid, and administration of liquid medication by cups and spoons can potentially lead to serious errors. To mitigate this issue, most of the healthcare agencies are promoting the use of dispensers worldwide. For instance, the Institute for Safe Use of Medications (ISMP) publishes periodical newsletters and educational programs to increase the awareness regarding dispensers in Spain. Dispensers offer benefits such as high reliability and dose accuracy over cups or droppers, which has led to their increased demand in the industry. As per a survey conducted by the National Center for Biotechnology Information, most of the children’s & residency hospitals in the U.S. make use of oral syringes.
Browse Full Report With TOC @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/oral-syringes-market
Oral Syringes Market Report Highlights
• The rising rate of cancer among children globally has accelerated the demand for oral syringes. As per a WHO report in 2018, approximately 300,000 children are diagnosed with cancer annually. The product demand is poised to rise, owing to the non-reusability of these syringes in the treatment procedure
• Based on product type, the clear oral syringes segment held the largest market share of more than 60% in 2019 owing to better view of the medication, as well as growing preference in higher oral dose medications
• Reusable oral syringes held the largest market share of almost 51.0% in 2019, based on usage, owing to their affordability and ability to be pre-sterilized; the disposable segment is expected to show fastest growth over the forecast period
• The hospital segment held the largest share in the oral syringes market in 2019 due to the increase in the number of hospitalizations throughout the world; on the other hand, the homecare setting is expected to show fastest growth over the forecast period
• Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period in the oral syringes market, owing to a large pediatric population base, and increase in the product awareness in the region
• Some of the notable companies in the oral syringes market include B. Braun Melsungen, Becton Dickinson and Company, Amcor, Medtronic, Smiths Medical, Terumo, NIPRO, and Gerresheimer AG. Notable strategies to strengthen market presence include mergers and acquisitions, and new product development
Ask For Sample Pages @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/oral-syringes-market/request/rs1
Oral Syringes Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global oral syringes market based on product type, usage, end use, and region:
Oral Syringes Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
Oral Syringes Usage Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
Oral Syringes End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
• Homecare Settings
Oral Syringes Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
• North America
• The U.S.
• The U.K.
• Asia Pacific
• South Korea
• Latin America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• South Africa
List of Key Players of Oral Syringes Market
• Babylon Health
• SRI International
• Varo International
Speak to Analyst @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/450449/ibb
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research is a market research and consulting company headquartered in San Francisco, which offers syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services to clients across a number of industries, including healthcare, materials, chemicals, energy, technology, and food and beverage, among others.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States