The global intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) market is forecast to reach USD 555.3 Million by 2027, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Intravascular ultrasound uses a probe or transducer to generate sound waves and produce images of blood vessels.
When the probe is used to evaluate the coronary arteries, intravascular ultrasound can show the entire artery wall and provide important information about the amount and type of plaque buildup, which helps in determining the risk for heart attack. Ultrasound has no known harmful effects as it does not use ionizing radiation, and can provide clear pictures of soft tissues that are not well seen on x-ray images.
An increase in the number of cosmetic procedures, a rise in the incidence of chronic diseases, and a surge in the number of surgeries among the aging population is driving the demand for the market. However, development in the non-invasive surgical technologies and intense competition among the manufacturers are expected to limit the growth of the market.
North America held the largest market share in the year 2018, owing to an extensive advancement in research and technology in the region. Improvements in the reimbursement scenario and increase in the surgical procedures are likely to propel the demand for the market in the region. High treatment efficacy standards are expected to augment the market in North American region.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2504
Further key findings from the report suggest
- In the arteries, intravascular ultrasound is performed to see peripheral arteries of the coronary arteries and legs, although it can be used in any artery in the body. It is generally used in conjunction with catheter angiography to help in the diagnosis of peripheral artery disease, which is not seen clearly in the angiogram and to plan the size of stents which may need to be placed to keep the artery open.
- Virtual histology intravascular ultrasound is based on the spectral analysis of the raw backscattered intravascular ultrasound radiofrequency (IVUS-RF) data. It utilizes a mathematical autoregressive model and constructs tissue maps that classify plaque into four major tissue types (fibrous, fibro-fatty, necrotic core, and dense calcium). VH-IVUS clinical utility ranges from predicting high-risk plaques for patients undergoing coronary angiography to predicting adverse events post percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI).
- Hospitals dominated the market owing to large footfall in the facility. Hospitals install medical imaging equipment as it can be a major source of profits from outpatients. Most of the more prominent hospitals have their own medical imaging facilities. However, medical imaging facilities require space, investment, skilled professionals, and high maintenance costs. Hospitals prefer partnering with diagnostic centers for medical imaging facilities to save cost.
- Europe held the second-largest market share in the year 2018. The availability of modern healthcare facilities and rise in surgery procedures will encourage market growth in the region. Growth in the geriatric population is also a factor for the growth of the market.
- Key participants include Siemens Healthcare GmbH, Canon Medical Systems, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Hitachi Medical Corporation, Mindray Medical, Fujifilm Corporation, Chison Medical Imaging Co. Ltd., Samsung Medison, Canon Medical Systems, and Boston Medical Corporation, among others.
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented into the global Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS) market on the basis of modality, products, end-users, and region:
Modality Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2027)
- Virtual Histology IVUS
- Integrated Backscatter IVUS
Products Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2027)
End Users Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2027)
- Diagnostic Centers
- Academic And Research Institutes
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/intravascular-ultrasound-ivus-market
Table Of Content:
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technique
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2018-2027
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
Chapter 4. Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS) Market Segmentation & Impact Analysis
4.1. Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS) Market Material Segmentation Analysis
4.2. Industrial Outlook
4.2.1. Market indicators analysis
4.2.2. Market drivers analysis
18.104.22.168. Increasing prevalence of cardiovascular disease
22.214.171.124. Introduction of miniature ultrasound devices
Chapter 9. Competitive Landscape
9.1. Market Revenue Share By Manufacturers
9.2. Manufacturing Cost Breakdown Analysis
9.3. Mergers & Acquisitions
9.4. Market positioning
9.5. Strategy Benchmarking
9.6. Vendor Landscape
Chapter 10. Company Profiles
10.1. Siemens Healthcare GmbH
10.1.1. Company Overview
10.1.2. Financial Performance
10.1.3. Technology Insights
10.1.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.2. Canon Medical Systems
10.2.1. Company Overview
10.2.2. Financial Performance
10.2.3. Technology Insights
10.2.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.3. Koninklijke Philips N.V.
10.3.1. Company Overview
10.3.2. Financial Performance
10.3.3. Technology Insights
10.3.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.4. Hitachi Medical Corporation
10.4.1. Company Overview
10.4.2. Financial Performance
10.4.3. Technology Insights
10.4.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.5. Mindray Medical
10.5.1. Company Overview
10.5.2. Financial Performance
10.5.3. Technology Insights
10.5.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.6. Fujifilm Corporation
10.6.1. Company Overview
10.6.2. Financial Performance
10.6.3. Technology Insights
10.6.4. Strategic Initiatives
Our in-house experts assist our clients with advice based on their proficiency in the market that helps them in creating a compendious database for the clients. Our team offers expert insights to clients to guide them through their business ventures. We put in rigorous efforts to keep our clientele satisfied and focus on fulfilling their demands to make sure that the end-product is what they desire. We excel in diverse fields of the market and with our services extending to competitive analysis, research and development analysis, and demand estimation among others, we can help you invest your funds in the most beneficial areas for research and development.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States