April is National Garlic Month. At Dorot Gardens, we share your love of garlic, making it easy to celebrate a whole month of it! Dorot Gardens pre-portioned garlic, onions, and herbs eliminate peeling, chopping and measuring, making it effortless to season and flavor your cooking. Just pop out a pre-measured cube (1 Garlic cube = 1 clove) and experience fresh-tasting goodness that is available whenever you need it! Dorot Gardens all-natural garlic products are free of gluten, dairy, soy, and nuts, and free of artificial preservatives and ingredients. They are vegan, OU kosher, halal, and soon to be non-GMO verified.
As you create your Great Garlic Moments, here are some fun facts:
- Garlic is a member of the onion family, which also includes leeks and shallots.
- Garlic has been used medicinally since the Greek and Roman times. It promotes the well-being of the heart and immune systems with antioxidant properties and helps maintain healthy blood circulation.
- The garlic smell can be removed from your hands by running them under cold water while rubbing a stainless-steel object. With Dorot Gardens Crushed Garlic, we take that step out of your hands and into ours!
- Drinking lemon juice or eating a few slices of lemon will stop bad garlic breath.
- Garlic is great for your immune system and can relieve many ailments, including nausea, inflammation, joint pain, respiratory problems, and tumors.
- Garlic is wonderful detoxifier and can help lower high cholesterol.
Laura Morris, associate marketing director of Dorot Gardens, says, “We bring Dorot Gardens directly to your kitchen with ease. Freshness and all the deliciousness of garlic without the fuss and perfect for many types of recipes, from simple to exotic.”
With garlic being celebrated nationwide, try this delicious Mediterranean shakshuka where garlic is the star!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 cubes Dorot Gardens frozen garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6-8 eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (plus more for serving)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and diced bell pepper and sauté for approximately five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stirring continuously, add the Dorot Garlic cubes and cook for one minute more.
- Add the salt, black pepper, chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, and cayenne. Mix well to combine.
- Stir in the can of diced tomatoes with its juices and bring to a low simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and use a potato masher to break down the onion, bell peppers, and tomatoes into small bits and pieces. Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced by at least half.
- Use a spoon to make small wells in the sauce. Carefully crack one egg into each well. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 6 to 10 minutes, or until eggs are cooked to your preference.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
Find Dorot Gardens in the frozen veggie aisle at your favorite grocery store, including Kroger, Walmart, Trader Joe’s, Safeway, Albertsons, and Whole Foods.
For more recipes, visit Dorotgardens.com
About Dorot Gardens
Dorot Gardens specializes in developing, producing and marketing frozen seasoning products all over the world. The company was established in 1992 and is fully owned by Kibbutz Dorot in the southern part of Israel.
The kibbutz has more than 3,500 acres of field crops – garlic and herbs – which are picked, and then immediately chopped, packaged, and frozen in a unique fast freeze process, maintaining their taste, freshness, and nutritive value. Over the years, the company has grown and expanded, and is today the largest supplier in Israel of fresh frozen seasoning products.
About Kayco/Kayco Beyond
Kayco is one of the largest manufacturers and suppliers of kosher foods. Its expanded Kayco Beyond Division sources and distributes new products to the general market beyond kosher, to meet the demands of consumers looking for optional products that are healthful, convenient and/or for restricted diets and lifestyles. These brands include Dorot, Absolutely Gluten Free, Beetology, Mighty Sesame, Wonder Melon™ and Dorot Gardens, among others. They are headquartered in Bayonne, NJ. (www.KAYCO.com).