Demand for vacutainers with additives continues to remain strong, capturing 80% of global sales, according to findings of a new study. Market share remains concentrated among a handful of companies, most prominently, Becton, Dickinson & Company, and Medtronic PLC. A new study by consulting firm Fact.MR estimates global revenues to rise at 7% during 2021-2031.
Key Takeaways from Vacutainers Market Study
• 50% respondents in Fact.MR survey cited ‘reduced risk hemolysis’ as a key factor for choosing vacutainers
• 6 in 10 respondents were satisfied with the safety aspect of vacutainers
• 30% of respondents said US hospital network was their most lucrative sales funnel
• Vacutainers account for 1% of total medical equipment sales globally
• Advantages over non-vacuum based tubes remains a USP for vacutainer manufacturers
• Increasing demand for liquid biopsy tests remains a key factor driving vacutainer sales globally
• Global vacutainers market set to reach US$ 2.4 billion in 2021
• US, UK, France, and Germany remain strongholds; N. America and Europe collective hold 75% share
• Demand for vacutainers in hospitals and clinics is roughly 40% of total revenues
• Vacutainers continue to witness high adoption in venous blood collection globally
• Vacutainer manufacturers focus strongly on contracts and agreements with hospitals/clinics
Request a report sample to gain comprehensive insights at https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=5719
Minimally Invasive and Painless – The Evolving Preference in Blood Collection
Fact.MR’s analysis of end-user sentiment revealed that as a whole blood drawing and collection was moving toward painless approaches. Vacutainers, through their needle-less blood drawing, have witnessed significant demand in the past.
Fact.MR has been tracking the vacutainers market continuously, and according to our analysis, demand for vacutainers grew at 6.9% during the period 2016-2020. Fact.MR estimates demand to hold ground, despite the challenges created by COVID-19 crisis.
Discover more about seamless steel pipes market with 104 tables, and 257 figures. You will also find detailed market segmentation on
Serum Separator and Lithium Heparin Tubes Remain Lucrative
SST-Gold Top and lithium heparin tubes are widely used across a number of specimen tests. Fact.MR’s analysis revealed that end-users continued to rely on these vacutainers with additives for a range of serology and immunochemistry tests.
Affordability Continues to Drive Demand for Plastic (PET) Vacutainers
Fact.MR’s survey with market participants revealed that although awareness on influence of plastic tube in drug stability is pervasive, low cost of PET vacutainers makes them feasible.
Respondents further agreed they were willing to make the shift from PET vacutainers to other forms if the cost was competitive.
Fact.MR’s study on the vacutainer manufacturers revealed market concentration, with Becton, Dickinson & Company, and Medtronic PLC holding nearly one-third market share.
The report profiles some of the leading vacutainer manufacturers including Terumo Medical Corporation (TMC), Greiner Bio-One International GmbH, Sekisui Medical Co., Ltd., Demophorius Healthcare, Chengdu Rich Science Industry Co., Ltd., Hebei Xinle Science & Technology Co., Ltd.
Know the cutting-edge technology and tried-and-tested methodology Fact.MR uses to bring accurate market research reports. Know the methodology of this report at https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=RM&rep_id=5719
Key Questions Answered by the Report
• Which is the largest market for vacutainers?
US is the largest market for vacutainers, with North America accounting for nearly 50% share
• Who is the largest vacutainer manufacturer in the world?
Becton, Dickinson & Company, and Medtronic PLC are among the leading companies, holding nearly one-third market share
• What explains the growth in demand for vacutainers?
Vacutainers’ USP is needle-less approach—as the healthcare industry is moving toward painless and minimally-invasive, vacutainers have been looked up as a feasible option
• How big is the global vacutainers market?
Global vacutainers market is worth US$ 2.4 Bn—it is about 1% of total medical equipment sales.
More Analysis on Medical Equipment Category by Fact.MR
Lab Automation Market: A recent study by Fact.MR on the lab automation market offers an unbiased analysis on the opportunities and trends through 2021 and beyond. The study analyzes crucial trends that are currently determining market growth. This report explicates on vital dynamics, such as the challenges, restraints, and opportunities for key market players along with key stakeholders and emerging players.
Autologous Fat Grafting Market – Fact.MR gives a detailed assessment of autologous fat grafting market value chain analysis, business execution, and supply chain analysis across regional markets has been covered in the report. A list of prominent companies operating in the market along with their product portfolios enhances the reliability of this comprehensive research study