“The ability to connect with other people and build rapport requires a delicate and complex skill set,” says Witty Companion. “We build harmonious and lasting relationships through long-term smooth communication, empathy, mutual interests, and shared experiences.”
Witty Companion aims to encourage people to steer away from the most common stereotypes about achieving a successful social life. The ideas of popularity and extroversion as key factors for social success have the power to influence us to live unhappy, unfulfilled lives.
“Instead of spending months, or even years, trying to fit into the wrong crowds unsuccessfully, we should be aiming to discover social circles that are ideal for us,” says Witty Companion. “Staying true to our personality and improving (but not necessarily changing) different areas of ourselves is the best way to start.”
On their blog, they managed to build a practical framework we can use to simplify the complexity of the skill-building process. There are specific skills that play a vital role in the natural process of bonding with other people.
“Our research shows that the key characteristic most people mention about individuals they perceive as socially successful is that they are fun to be around,” says Witty Companion. “Initially, we struggled with countless personality traits different people view as fun. However, we soon realized that most of them overlap. We managed to group them into five main areas that form a personality almost guaranteed to become the center of their chosen social circle. These are: confidence, charisma, humor, storytelling, and hobbies.”
These five traits are the most common characteristics of individuals whom people enjoy spending time with in most social situations:
– Charisma is a skill that enables people to become masters of first impressions and connect with others on a deeper level. It also plays a big role in leadership, persuasion, and influence.
– Self-confidence is vital for success in all areas of life. It aids in living a happier, more fulfilled life. People notice and value confident individuals.
– Humor is closely related to fun. Having a healthy sense of humor and entertaining people is incredibly beneficial in all social settings. Research proves that funny individuals connect with other people easier and faster. In addition to that, finding humor in everyday life boosts mood and encourages an optimistic perspective.
– Storytelling is another key trait for socially successful individuals. Telling compelling and memorable stories, humorous anecdotes, and leading interesting conversations are skills highly valued in both personal and business settings.
– Exploring and engaging in various exciting hobbies is the final piece of the puzzle. Amusing experiences and a broad skill set signal a person who is living a stimulating life. Acquiring new hobbies also serves as an opportunity to meet people and discover one’s perfect social circle.
Witty Companion explores all five areas through a wide variety of informative articles on their website. Their content includes comprehensive, in-depth guides to each topic and numerous articles covering the most common questions and helpful advice.
About Witty Companion
Witty Companion is a self-improvement blog, helping people from all types of backgrounds become the best, most fun versions of themselves. Our goal is to encourage anyone to find their ideal social circle and become the center of it through self-growth and the acquisition of practical social skills. We produce content that talks about the five main areas of a fun personality: charisma, confidence, humor, storytelling, and hobbies.
For more information, please visit wittycompanion.com