The increasing demand from the pharmaceutical sector, the elevated consumption of animal-based products, and the rising health concerns have resulted in boosting the methionine market.
Market Size – USD 3,952.0 Million in 2020, Market Growth – CAGR of 5.20%, Market Trends –The elevated consumption of animal-based products
The global Methionine Market is forecast to reach USD 5,940.9 Million by 2028, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Methionine is a naturally occurring amino acid and the only one that contains sulfur. It serves as an antecedent for all other sulfur-containing amino acids and the derivatives. The market is projected to witness a stable growth during the forecast period.
A study has indicated the fact that the amino acid, when used as a supplement in rodents, provides protection from gamma-radiation-induced-global DNA hypomethylation and enhances methylation levels. Such positive results associated with the use of the acid as a supplement would, in turn, elevate its demand from the food and dietary supplement sector. In the human body, it is associated with minimizing risk of ovarian & rectal cancer among women and & proximal colon cancer in men. In the liver, amino acid is adenosylated and followed by which it is converted to s-adenosyl methionine (SAM). A diet that is deficient of the amino acid result in minimizing cellular adhesion and increased gene expression & apoptosis rate. Thus, it is due to the vital role it plays in human body and that results in its increased demand and associated market growth.
Key participants include Novus International, Evonik, Adisseo, Sumitomo Chemicals, CJ Cheiljedang, Phibro, Ajinomoto Co., Inc., Sunrise Nutrachem Group, Prinova Group LLC and Chongqing Unisplendour Chemical.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2058
Further key findings from the report suggest
- The methionine market held a market share of USD 3,952.0 Million in 2020. It is projected to witness a growth rate of 5.20% during the forecast period.
- In context to Product Type, the DL-Methionine segment generated the highest revenue of USD 2.12 Billion in 2018, with a CAGR of 4.8% during the forecast period. Factors like its extensive application in the pharmaceuticals and dietary supplements sectors because of its traits like high antioxidant capacity, along with its advantages like reduced nitrogen excretions and performance supported during heat stress, contributes to the revenue generated by this segment.
- In regards to Raw Material, the Plant-based segment generated a higher revenue of USD 2.61 Billion in 2018, with a CAGR of 4.9% during the forecast period. The revenue generated by the Plant-based segment is resultant of the raising awareness about environmental concerns associated with animal-based products like sixth mass extinction and consequential elevated demand for bio-based products.
- In the context of Application, the Animal Feed segment occupies the largest market share of 79.0% in 2018, with the fastest growth rate of 5.0% during the forecast period. The market share held by the Animal Feed segment is attributed to increasing awareness about livestock health, and occurrences of animal disease outbreaks that have boosted the use of the amino acid in the diet of animals to enhance the nutritional value.
- In regards to region, Europe occupies the second-largest market share of0% in 2018, with a CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period. The market share held by Europe is the resultant of increasing geriatric population and rising demand for dietary supplements in this region.
To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/methionine-market
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented the methionine market according to Product Type, Raw Materials, Application, and Region:
Product Type Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Methionine Hydroxy Analogue (MHA)
Raw Material Type Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
Application Type Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Food & Dietary Supplements
- Animal Feed
Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Order Now: @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/checkout-form/2058
Table of Content:
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technology
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2020 – 2028
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
Chapter 4. Methionine Market Segmentation & Impact Analysis
4.1. Methionine Market Segmentation Analysis
4.2. Industrial Outlook
4.2.1. Market indicators analysis
4.2.2. Market drivers analysis
22.214.171.124. The rising health concerns
126.96.36.199. The elevated consumption of animal-based products
188.8.131.52. The increasing demand from the pharmaceutical sector
4.2.3. Market restraints analysis
184.108.40.206. Adverse impact of Methionine-loading test on human body
220.127.116.11. Strict regulatory frameworks
4.3. Technological Insights
4.4. Regulatory Framework
4.5. ETOP Analysis
4.6. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.7. Competitive Metric Space Analysis
4.8. Price Trend Analysis
Chapter 9. Competitive Landscape
9.1. Market Revenue Share By Manufacturers
9.2. Manufacturing Cost Breakdown Analysis
9.3. Mergers & Acquisitions
9.4. Market positioning
9.5. Strategy Benchmarking
9.6. Vendor Landscape
Chapter 10. Company Profiles
10.1. Novus International
10.1.1. Company Overview
10.1.2. Financial Performance
10.1.3. Technology Insights
10.1.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.2.1. Company Overview
10.2.2. Financial Performance
10.2.3. Technology Insights
10.2.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.3.1. Company Overview
10.3.2. Financial Performance
10.3.3. Technology Insights
10.3.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.4. Sumitomo Chemicals
10.4.1. Company Overview
10.4.2. Financial Performance
10.4.3. Technology Insights
10.4.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.5. CJ Cheiljedang
10.5.1. Company Overview
10.5.2. Financial Performance
10.5.3. Technology Insights
10.5.4. Strategic Initiatives
Thank you for reading our report. For customization inquiry or further information, please connect with us and we will ensure you get the report that meets your requirements.
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States