According to the current analysis of Reports and Data, the global pea starch market was valued at USD 98.7 Million in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 181.2 Million by year 2027, at a CAGR of 8.1%. It is one of the novel starch-based ingredients in the food and feed industries. It provides many nutritional benefits over its counterparts, and is helpful in preparing gluten-, lactose-, and other allergen-free solutions. It also aids in providing clean labels for baked goods and other processed food products due to its organic origins. Fish, meat products, and extruded foods are among the major applications of these ingredients. These cumulative applications are expected to drive the market for this ingredient over the period of forecast.
Native pea starch, a rich source of amylose, is derived from the seedpod of the pod fruit Pisum sativum. This starch is neutral in taste and contains about 40% starch content. This ingredient has a non-GMO origin and can be used to formulate food products that can claim non-allergenic and gluten free labels. With the increasing demands for clean-label processed food products, the demand for these ingredients is getting a boost.
Request a Sample Copy of the Research Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1958
Leading Players Profiled in the Report Include:
Emsland Group, Roquette Freres, Vestkorn Milling, Axiom Foods, Yantai Oriental Protein Tech Co., The Scoular Company, American Key Food Products, Cosucra Groupe Warcoing SA, Parrheim Foods and Puris Foods among other companies
Newer ingredients such as pea starch have novel application with regards to their functional properties. It aids in providing increased viscosity to food products, efficient binding & texture, and a good film building where it is applied. Baked snack products and specific meat applications employ these starchy ingredients for various preparation processes.
North America is the largest market mainly due to the large-scale production of dry peas. The Asia Pacific market is among the fastest growing for this ingredient. Production of Pisum sativum and other legumes is abundant in this region. However, lack of awareness and a dearth of processing technology is a challenge here. Fluctuations in prices and an un-even supply are a few of the restraints to the growth of the pea starch market.
Further key findings from the report suggest-
- Gelling is one of the most prominent functions of pea starch whose application are varied and are expected to increase in the forecast years. This is because of the reason that this ingredient is a rich source of amylose and it helps in forming aqueous gels, soups, sauces, and other products. The gelling properties of this product also helps in keeping the nutrient content of various foods intact.
- By grade, food is the largest application segment as it offers gelling, thickening, binding, and texturing properties that have several applications in food items.
- This product is used most widely in the preparation of snacks and savory food products. Native pea starch acts as a fat replacement in convenience foods, baked snacks, and nutritional food extrudates. It is also an important source of fiber in these consumables.
- The usage of these ingredients is increasing in pet foods and other animal feed products. It is also used as calf milk replacer and provides the right mix of protein and fiber necessary for the growth of pet and farm animals.
- The paper and textiles markets are among the growing applications. The starch is used for textile sizing especially in cotton yarns. Its chemical properties are also similar to those of cotton.
- Modified pea starch also finds application in the pharmaceutical industry for their applications such as paste clarity, solubility, and thaw stability. The native counterparts aid in binding and disintegration purposes in the pharmaceutical product market.
- The Asia Pacific region is a growing market and is expected to register the highest CAGR during the period of forecast. Factors such as a increasing demand for native starches, high volume of noodle consumption, increasing usage of pea starches in processed food preparation, and a huge consumer base are expected to be the major factors contributing to the impressive market growth.
- Fluctuating prices of production inputs, varying production, retrogradation effects that affect nutritional values of these products, among others are expected to be the major challenges to the growth of this market during the forecast period.
Get Attractive Discount @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/discount-enquiry-form/1958
For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data have segmented the market on the basis of grade, function, application and region:
Grade (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
Function (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Binding and Thickening
- Film Foaming
Application (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Food and Beverages
- Snacks & Savories
- Soups & Sauces
- Meat & Poultry Products
- Confectionery Products
- Bakery Products
- Dairy Products
- Industrial Purposes
- Paper and Textiles
- Mining & Bioplastics
- Pet Food
Regional Outlook (Revenue in USD Million; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
Request for Customization @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/1958
Table of contents
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technique
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2018 – 2026
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
3.1. Increasing volume of pea production
3.2. Rising demand for snacks and processed foods
3.3. Growing globalization of food trade
Chapter 4. Pea Starch Segmentation & Impact Analysis
4.1. Pea Starch Segmentation Analysis
4.2. Pea Starch Market Value Chain Analysis, 2016-2026
4.3. Regulatory framework
4.4. Pea Starch Market Impact Analysis
4.4.1. Market driver analysis
220.127.116.11. Increasing demand from the pet food industry
18.104.22.168. Use in the production of Ethanol
4.4.2. Market restraint analysis
22.214.171.124. Changing prices of peas in the global market
126.96.36.199. Inconsistent domestic and international food standards
4.5. Key opportunities prioritized
4.6. Pea Starch Pricing Analysis
4.7. Industry analysis – Porter’s
4.8. Pea Starch PESTEL Analysis
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/speak-to-analyst-form/1958
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Products, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States